Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

William,

I have tried the following, can you tell me if I am missing something? Seem that option is lot listed, or at least I am not finding it?

When I call into VM I get the following Options:

2 - Send a Message - (Not Here right?)

3 - Change Personal Options

8 - To Place a Call - (Note Here Right?)

Option 3> Change Personal Options - Options:

1 - Setting

2 - Greetings

3 - Export Mode (It is Turned Off, What is this?)

Option 3> Change Personal Options - Then Option 1> Settings:

1- Passcode

2- AutoPlay

3 - Playback Msg Date, Time & Caller Info

4 - Change Passcord

5- Group Distribution List

6- Send Numeric Page

Option 3> Change Personal Options - Then Option 2> Greetings:

1 - Change Main Greeting

2 - Change Recorded Name

3- Extended Absence Greeting

What am I missing? It this step online somewhere in my account? or can a Sprint Rep access it?

Tks,

Mark

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have contacted Sprint Customer Care and spoken to a couple of different technicians.  It goes something like this:  Turn your phone off / on. Update the App.  Clear the cache, Clear the App Data. Delete the icon, Restore the icon. Delete and turn off.  I've even done it standing on one foot, facing north, at sunset. 

I *will not* do a Hard Reset to this phone. 

Who do we contact to get Sprint to look at this?  This situation is not unique to me, not unique to HTC, and not unique to Android.

The Problem

• The phone does *not*  notify / indicate when a voicemail message is left.
  • When someone leaves a message, the phone does not signal that there is a message waiting.
  • The messages are on the ‘system’ and are accessible by hard dialing in. (this system seems to be working fine.)
  • Except the ‘system’ is not notifying the phone that there is a message.

The ‘Visual Voicemail’ App is a 3rd Party app

Sprint can’t be expected to know how the app will work on every make and model in each unique system.

The ‘Visual Voicemail’ App is a System app

Help documentation says to contact Sprint for Support.

Sprint does not provide any other interface for the ‘Enhanced VoiceMail’ service

According to my “Plan Details

*Enhanced VoiceMail* is included in my monthly plan.

• I have not have a functioning voicemail *notification* system since July.
  • I have been $paying$ for a service that *does NOT work* for 6 months.
  • When Visual Voicemail ‘worked’ it repeatedly harassed me too “Subscribe” and PAY for the “Full App”.
    • which is advertises includes ‘enhanced features' and no advertising.

Someone needs to get all the ‘Not My Fault’ departments into a room together and figure out an answer.

Hrygg

HTC EVO 4GLTE

Journeyman

While I wouldn't want to be labeled a "quitter", I simply felt I wasn't getting what I was paying for. Like all of you, I've played the role of "tester" for Sprint since July, when this phone (8XT) came to market, and to date, the issue has not been truly resolved. Add to that a wicked case of duplicate texts (from every sender, on every network.... up to 20 and 30 repeated texts all day long!). So... Friday night, I took my two lines over to T-Mobile and took advantage of their generosity in paying out my EFT. Two new phones, the ability to upgrade twice a year, and true 4G service. After 10 years with Sprint, I felt I deserved better. So did T-Mobile. The Nokia 925 is an awesome device with fully working voicemail system notification, using the native OS (and Visual Voicemail, if you want it!).

A happy camper, once again. Will stay with this conversation to see how things pan out, but as of now, I'm working with a device that came to market fully functional, and getting happier by the minute!

Master

MARKCHOO-

Hey there! Thanks for the reply and my apologies for the delay. When the new Voicemail service was refreshed, it must have removed the message waiting indicator option. No worries, we can try refreshing voicemail services on the back-end. We do need you to send us a private message with your full name, phone number, account PIN code and a callback number (other than your mobile device).

We'll more than likely need to reach out to you directly in order to complete the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Thanks again!

William
Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Hi William,

Sending the Private massage now.

Thank You,

Mark

Journeyman

MARKCHOO

Would you please let us know how this turns out?

Thanks!

WI-Heather

Journeyman

Heather,

Okay will do. So far its not looking good. Emailed my info in a Private Message as requested and a Rep there responded asking the same questions, if I went to a Store, and if the device was replaced. Which I did and it was.

I will wait to hear back from them, and will keep you all posted if they find a fix.

Mark

Master

MARKCHOO,

Thanks for the post. I understand this is frustrating for you. I suggest replying back and provide the link with the info you provided in the thread. This way we can have that info available to us. We want to help resolve the issue working with the agent in PM will be the best way.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hello Victor,

Welcome to the thread.

Have you had any experience dealing with this issue (voicemail system not notifying of messages) previously? 

Can you tell us is Sprint has an fix or updates planned?

Thanks!

WI-Heather

HTC EVO 4GLTE

Sprint customer since 2001

non-functioning voicemail system will have me switching providers as soon as this contract is up.

Journeyman

Sprint Customer Care -

Can we please move the Android Voicemail issues off of this thread.  This thread is specifically for Windows Phone 8 device owners (Samsung Ativ S Neo & HTC 8XT) who have a unique set of issues that are not related to Andoid phone users.

They may be similar, but obviously an Android phone requires changes to Android App, WP8 users, need WP8 patches.

Please keep this thread (which is under the HTC 8XT device forum for a reason) for WP8 device owners...not Android device owners!

Thanks!

Master

Thanks for posting, WI-Heather.

I'm here to help. In order to better assist you please send a private message to 'Sprintcare' with your phone number and account pin.

Thank you,

*Paida.

Journeyman

Thank you Paida,

Before I send a PM, I'd like to know what you know about this problem.

Can you please give me an outline of what steps we'll be taking?

Thank you,

WI-Heather

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat