Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

Hi WI Heather,

You asked to be updated with my progress. So far nothing has been done, just a waste of my time.

Problem is still not fixed, and Sprint never responded to my Last Private massage.

Thank All,

Mark

Journeyman

Hi Mark,

I was hopeful you'd come back and tell me...'PM them, they do a little switchityfixityreset, turn on and off and viola!'  bummer.

This is why I'm being such a [inappropriate word removed] about asking these people to clearly tell us what they know about the problem and what the plan is to fix it.

Who's ready to take this to social media?  How do we get their attention?

What about the Better Business Bureau?  We're paying for a service that is not functioning.

One of our local news stations does an 'On Your Side' segment - wonder if we could get one of their tech guys into the hunt.  I'd just need to really know that this is really widespread or are there just a few of us.

WI-Heather

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

SO...WI-Heather  - What do you think of your HTC 8XT overall? 

Journeyman

My apologies. 

But just to be clear, the word that was removed was simply symbols, I did not use *actual* inappropriate language.  I used the pound sign, the at sign, an exclamation point, and the asterisk, to express my frustration with the situation.

WI-Heather

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sassafrass,

I am trying to reach out to as many people as possible that are experiencing this problem.

The Visual Voicemail / lack of Message Waiting Notification is a problem that is happening on **Android, Windows and IOS** platforms.

While I can appreciate that each platform and phone will take a unique fix, at this point - I'd just like Sprint to acknowledge that this is a problem and find a fix for all of us. 

Sassafras, does your HTC 8XT notify you with a blinking light when someone leaves you a voicemail? 

Does your HTC 8XT put an icon on the screen when someone leaves a voicemail?

Are you using the Visual Voicemail App?

Looking forward to hearing more about how your Windows phone and my Android phone are experiencing the same problems.  

WI-Heather

HTC EVO 4GLTE -

with non functioning voicemail notification system since July 2013

Journeyman

just realized that I am not getting VM notifications on my HTC 8XT and came across this thread.  Am I correct that this problem has been going on since July 2013 and has yet to be resolved? 

Journeyman

Well, no, you're not correct...it did start in July '13 when the HTC 8XT and then Ativ S Neo came to Sprint.  I was mostly resolved a few weeks ago.

The built-in native WP8 system doesn't work with Sprint, so you'll need to make sure your 'Activate Your Device' app & Visual Voicemail are installed & up to date.  In my case, I had to uninstall & reinstall Visual Voicemail for it to start working properly.

(Also, keep in mind Visual Voicemail (VVM) is free, you can sign up for the optional Voice message transcription service, which does have a fee.)

We still have a couple issues, the light doesn't blink when there's a message, and deleting a message in VVM only moves the message to 'Saved Messages' on your VM.  You have to go in an delete it later.

So...we're better off, (you'll get a toast notification when a new message is left, VVM will say you have X number of messages, and the phone tile will show a missed call)...but not quite there yet.

Journeyman

I think it's ridiculous that Sprint is unable to make the VM indicators work as designed!  The native Windows 8 system has, when it works, good VM functionality and good indicators.  Visual Voice Mail is not a viable alternative - with easy-to-miss indicators and funky sync with the VM box (on the VM server).  Further, to get your messages into VVM (which is its only strong point), you have to start up the app, which often does not work on the first try.

I had, and my wife still has, the old Sprint Arrive, with Windows 7, and the native VM system worked/s great!

I don't believe Sprint really cares about Windows phones, and is more interested in pushing the iPhone.  That's too bad because the Windows phone has a lot going for it!

Journeyman

Sassafrass, I don't see what is 'mostly resolved'.  

Does your phone notify when there is a new unheard voicemail?  Yes or No. 

Prior to July 2013, my current phone (and every previous cell phone) gave immediate notification when there was a new unheard message in the voicemail system.  

Looking forward to hearing how stable this App remains for you. 

WI-Heather

HTC EVO4GLTE with non-functioning Voicemail Notification since July 2013

Journeyman

Hello mfnbc,

I noted the problem in July, that's when I started to try to find an answer.  I don't know when exactly it started. 

No, it has not been resolved for me.  As has been noted, I'm on the Android platform.  But this is not unique to HTC, or Windows.    If you hunt around, there's quite a few threads on the topic.  I haven't found any fixes, just a lot of run-around.  I will NOT do a hard reset on my phone 'just to see if maybe that will fix it'. 

Good luck!  and please keep us posted!

WI-Heather

Journeyman

so, it is still not working as intended, correct? I would call that unresolved, but that just me.

how do I go about verifying my Activate Your Device and VVM are up to date?  I see the 'activate' in the settings and, of course, VVM was loaded on the phone when I bought it a month ago.

and, Is this not something the people in the Sprint Store should have warned me about when I bought the phone in December?  I mean, really, it's been a known problem since July 2013 and has not been fully resolved.  It's bad enough I get spotty service, but I really need to know when I have a VM.

Master

WI-Heather,

Thank you for getting back to us. The reason we are asking you to PM us is to get into the account and help in troubleshooting the phone. Please forward us all your previous threads and account info. 

Jen R 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat