Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

Anyone notice how SpintCare is only responding to the guy with an Android? I can't believe that this has become a dead thread. 

Hello Sprint, the notifications are still not fixed....when was the last update? hmmmm let me check my phone 11/15/2013. Over 2 months with not a single update.

This is just ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WI-Heather - This is why posting about Android issues on a forum & thread for Windows Phone 8 issues is a waste of everyone's time.  Yes, my HTC 8XT (the phone being discussed in this thread & this forum) DOES notify me when I have a Voice message each and every time.  Prior to Mid-December it did as well, but only when it was left by a caller NOT in my contacts list.  The only thing we have in common was that in July your VM quit working, which happened to coincide with the release of the HTC 8XT.  Posting in this thread dilutes the valuable information contained here as it takes the subject matter off topic, and the current resolution gets lost & buried.  New owners can't find that info...as evidenced by mfbnc's posts....

mfbnc - I'm not going to defend Sprint on that one...but I think they'd say its mostly working as intended on Sprint...its not working as delivered by Microsoft, but it is functional...which is a long way from July.  You'll have to go back through this thread and read, the instructions & resolution are here, but you have to find it before all the Android stuff started getting posted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mfbnc - look on page '27', post 395 from 'voicemail_guy' for an explanation from Sprint.

To check your versions...open the 'activate your device' app....at the top of the screen (Usage Summary) a bunch of times, and the version number will show.  I'm at Version 1.9.0.37, for Visual Voicemail, just go out to the Windows Phone app store, under 'Sprint Apps' in Visual Voicemail, uninstall & reinstall the app.  I'm on Version T.6.2.0.7

It is not perfect...I sometimes get a 'Waiting to Authenticate' message at the top when VVM starts up...just back out, and relaunch VVM.  Seems to be related to signal strength.

Hope that helps!

Added info on checking app versions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We had an update to the 'Activate your device' app in late December, which as you know, is the bridge app that allows VVM to work...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Jen R,

Are you taking over for Paida? 

Is it possible to find one SprintCare Representative that isl interested in this problem enough to actually do some research and tell us what they learn?

Here's another thread - I have explained my situation multiple times.

Re: Voicemail app not notifying of message

I am not going to PM with my Account Details.  I am NOT going to do a hard reset on my phone. 

My phone:

HTC EVO 4GLTE

software: 3.17.651.4 710ORD

Android version

HTC Sense version

4+

HTC SDK API Level

Apps

Visual Voicemail - 5.33mg

Version T.5.3.4.32

Looking forward to hearing what you can tell us.

Thanks!

WI-Heather

Highlighted
Journeyman

You'll need to update the 'activate your device' app WI-Heather for your VM to work on the HTC 8XT & Samsung Ativ S Neo.  VVM can be found on the Windows Phone App Store, the 'activate your device'  is pushed out by Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What about the same issue on a SGS4. No notifications of voice mail and visual voice mail shows nothing in the inbox.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks.  I opened the "activate your device" app in settings, it shows usage data but no app version number that I can see.  Is there a different way to open/check the activate app to see the version?  

I used the phone update and network profile update apps in setting to check for updates and it tells me I have the latest.  I'll try removing and reinstalling VVM and see if that helps. 

At this point, I get a notification of a VM only if I open VVM and let it load the new messages.  it then shows the cassette icon on the tile indicating a new message.  after that the VVM tile will then show the number of unopened VM messages in my VM.

It still seem odd that I would have to open an app to be able to see that I have a VM waiting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, I tried you tell you in my earlier post, but messed it up.

Launch 'activate your device', then, tap on 'Usage Summary' (top of screen) a bunch of times, really quickly.  The version number will appear to the right.

No, you won't have to open VVM to get it to check for a VM...when I message is left, the VVM tile (you'll want the tile on your screen) will show that you have a VM.  You can look on page 29, post 432 for screen shots of what it looks like on mine.

Highlighted
Master

MARKCHOO,

Thanks for the post. Have you received a response to your PM yet? If not let me know so I can see what the delay is. Much appreciated!

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks so much.  checked activate and have version 1.9.0.37  Uninstalled then re-installed VVM (took a while to authenticate since I get a really weak Sprint signal at home - pains of living on an island...).  tested with a call from my land line to my mobile and received a toast notification, VVM notification/tile indicator and a message indicator on the Phone tile.  works for me!

now, if MS and Google would go back to playing nice with calendar sharing....

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Response!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat