Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Master

Re: voicemail icon not working

WI-Heather,

Thanks for the reply. Im sure with the next update Google puts out will adjust this issue. Good to know you were able to get this worked out. Thanks again for the info.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

Droptini, 

Thank you for the response and for providing an update to your situation. I'm glad that there has been significant progress made. I'm confident that once the next update for the application or device rolls out it will correct the lingering problems that remain. Please keep us posted on any progress or issues you come across going further. Thank you. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Someone...

I thought I saw this somewhere in the thread, but cannot find it.  So, could someone post the steps that they did to finally get this to work? Please include the app versions that work.

I am just about fed up with the calendar notifications not working on my HTC Arrive (Windows Phone 7.5) and want to get a Windows Phone 8.

Thanks!

EvilGregLew

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keep in mind, this is for WP8.  I don't really know much about WP7...since the whole thing changed for WP8.

'activate your device' - Version 1.9.0.37 - This app is only pushed to us by Sprint...you cannot download it from the WP Store.

Visual Voicemail - Version T.6.2.0.7 - Uninstall the app on your phone and go out to the App Store and reinstall the latest version.

It isn't perfect yet...but it does work for the most part. 

Journeyman

sassafrass123:

Thanks for the info.  I neglected to mention that the reason I wanted this was that I am planning on going to get a Ativ Neo S.  I've been waiting for this issue to be resolved before doing so.

EvilGregLew

Journeyman

EvilGregLew -

If it were me...I'd hang on until early April when the MS Build conference takes place.  Both the HTC 8XT (what I have) and the Ativ S Neo are essentially running on 2 year old hardware specs.  Sure, they run WP8 great...but the newer phones will all be coming out with upgraded specs and we'll know for sure what WP 8.1 brings to the table then as well.

Hopefully Sprint is going to keep moving forward with WP support including new devices in 2014.  I chose the 8XT over the ATIV S Neo for a couple of reasons, and for me, I feel I made the right decision.

You could always buy one off contract to make it through until April.

Master

EvilGregLew,

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us with your question. Did you purchase your new Windows device? If so, are you having any issues with it? Please let us know. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Master

sassafrass123,

Thanks for you feed back.

Thank you,

*Paida

Journeyman

Just as an FYI on the Ativ S Neo vs. the HTC 8XT...the Ativ S Neo still doesn't have GDR3.  Sprint/HTC upgraded the 8XT to GDR3 on 10/22/13...over 3 months ago, while Ativ S Neo owners are still waiting for GDR3.

With WP 8.1 apps can be installed to an SD card making the 8GB on board storage essentially irrelevant for the 8XT vs. 16GB on the Neo.  The only real difference is screen resolution & removable battery.

Again, if it were me, I'd get one off contract and wait for the new round of devices to come out.  (The long rumored HTC One WP variant, or Samsung GS4 variant for example...)

Journeyman

I really hope Sprint is going to continue with WP8.  I moved off of Android specifically to have a phone (not made by Apple) that I could use as a reliable tool that just worked.

So far, WP8 has been exactly what I wanted, so I'm hope that will continue!

Master

sassafrass123,

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you,

*Paida.

Journeyman

SprintCare-Charles G.

No, actually I didn't purchase one.  I didn't for two reasons.

1. When I went into a Sprint store to buy it, the sales person (the manager as it turns out) tried to get us to change our plan.  Currently, we are on a contract.  The manager wanted us to change to the new friends and family plan (I think that's what it's called). She made it sound like we'd be saving money. Well, we had to crunch numbers and couldn't decide on the spot.  The plan or contract made a difference in how I bought the phone - that is why manager brought up the plan.

2. The manager "confirmed" a rumor that Sprint is getting a new Windows 8 phone in April (or thereabouts).

So, I'm going to continue with my HTC Arrive until Sprint gets a new Windows 8 phone, in which case I will likely get it, or they don't in which case I'll likely get the Samsung Ativ Neo s.

EvilGregLew

P.S. We crunched the numbers.  We would NOT be saving money going with the new friends and family plan.  For my case, a discount I recieve based upon where I work doesn't apply to the "base" cost in that plan. It only applies for the additional costs if I choose to extend the data plan download limit (from 1GB to 3 GB or Inlimited).  With that, the cost was actually higher than what I'm currently paying.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat