cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

voicemail_guy you quote... "In regards to the authentication failed issue, that is the open bug we still see every so often, we have noticed if you close out of the application and come back in it goes away for good." I am sitting on that VV screen and it never authenticates.....and yes I have tried closing and reopening the app.  Also resetting the phone...still nothing.

You still have not told us why the lock screen notifications are still not present and why the live tile shows an exclamation point instead of numbers.

HANKLE, I loaded mine from google, but that shouldnt have a issue.

Journeyman

I get the toast notifications with correct names applied from my contact list. Within 15-30 seconds, my VV live tile updates with an exclamation point (not a number) indicating a new message. I can launch the program, play the message and delete it.

I populated my phone's contact list from my Hotmail/MS account when I launched the phone for the first time.

I feel we are miles ahead of where we were just days ago, but I'm still mystified by the fact the phone does not function as it was intended in its native state (without the VV application) - using the operating system's built-in voicemail indicators.

At least there has been some activity and progress.

-Rob

Journeyman

Well, you might be miles ahead, however 'We' aren't...please don't assume that b/c it works for you, that 'We' are all fixed now...b/c 'We' are not.

I do not get a toast notification from contact list names, I do not get live tile updates from contacts leaving voicemails...it only works properly from unknown callers.  The only change for me is that now VV does check & download messages when I manually launch it.

Missed 2 work 'on-call' calls last night because I had to have the phone on silent at church, and no message was indicated on my phone anywhere.  Completely unacceptable.

Journeyman

I still can't get mine to authenticate. It did the first time I launched it after the upgrade, though last 5 or 6 times it says authenticate and then fails. I have reset many times. I still get no notification regardless of contact or not.

Journeyman

I follow each of the responses. Sassafrass, and fully recognize that many of you have seen little or no improvement. That only adds to this whole mystery of why everyone isn't at the same level of functionality. Just because mine is working to some degree more acceptable than yours, doesn't excuse the mess this has become. Using a lousy 3rd party app to do what the phone should do natively is unacceptable. I don't use my phone for work purposes. Those that do have more than every right to be furious over this fiasco.

Journeyman

Yep.  I have to switch off WP8...as much as I don't want to do it.  I'm at a point that I have to.  Right now all I have from Sprint is an offer to switch to really crappy Android phones...and that isn't gonna cut it.  If they can't bump me up to something remotely current, I'll have to expense the ETF and move from Sprint after 5 years with them.

Completely unrelated, but you're a Chris Craft guy, I'm a classic Glastron-Carlson guy. 

Journeyman

I have a question for posters that have no issue with contact list.

How do  phone numbers displayed in your contact list?

Is it:

a.      (XXX) XXX - XXXX

b.      XXX - XXX - XXXX

c.      XXX  XXX  XXXX

d.     1 XXX XXX XXXX

e.     1XXXXXXXXXX

Thanks.

Journeyman

It's a mix in mine.  Everything except the last one.

Journeyman

This is exactly what I was afraid of!!

Windows Phone users have waited what seems like forever for Sprint to release a Windows 8 Phone, all the while thinking Sprint had abandoned the platform entirely (Sprint said so). Sprint finally did release two models (one a rehash HTC and one new model Ativ S Neo), they obviously didn't test them and they have problems with a core function of a Phone. No Voice Mail notification.

I am very upset too as my phone is my business phone, but if everybody jumps ship and either leaves Windows Phone or Sprint then who wins? Sprint just will have more fuel to say no body wants windows phone and drops it for good!

I like my HTC 8XT, (would like it better with a 6' screen) and wanted to be a beta tester before it was released. I was told by both Sprint and HTC that only internal engineers were allowed to test them. If they would have allowed me and others to test these the problem would have been found right away. I noticed the problem the first day I had the phone on July 19th 2013.

Sprint Windows Phone owners need to help get this fixed, so that Sprint will continue to support windows phone and bring in more choices and more users. So please don't leave... As much as it upsets me and is a major pain in my butt, I have taken to dialing traditional voicemail every hour or after each missed call to be certain I get messages. Even this method is much faster than the launch Visual Voicemail and wait forever for new messages to download. I live in a rural area that has a lot of 1X service, some 3g EVDO and no LTE. So waiting for visual voicemail to download messages is tedious and much slower than just dialing traditional voicemail... I have been told you need a data connection for visual voicemail to work. WIFI doesn't work.

I have been offered to change phones too, but Windows Phone is what I want and I am going to hang on and try to help get this fixed. I hope all of the other users will do the same.

Thank you Dan

Journeyman

All that transferred from Hotmail are like A.

The ones I added on phone are like B.

Although I have yet to get the toast or the tile to update from any call whether or not the number is in my contacts.

Journeyman

Listen, I don't want to switch phones.  I love my 8XT...its a very good device.  That said, when I get an 'On Call' call...I have 15 mins to call back...period.  The notification process has to work.  My boss has understood, but I know that that won't last.  My current plan is that I forward my phone to my wife's when I can't have the ringer on.

Journeyman

Hi sasafrass123,

You said that you get toast notifications and the Visual Voicemail icon updated if you get calls from callers outside of your contact list, right?

You can remove your boss's name from the contact list as a workaround for now, can't you? That way you won't miss your boss's voicemails.

I am still working on why the contacts list issue. I might have to call Microsoft's support on this one.

Thanks,

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat