Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Master

Re: voicemail icon not working

DFG_Financial,

Hey, are you able to download the voice mail to the application? Is the notification on the tile going away once you listen to or erase the voice mail? Please let us know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hello Josmary,

No, I have not PM'd Sprint to discuss to discuss this issue. Back in JULY 2013, I contacted customber service SEVERAL times.  They were unable the help, did several rounds of turning off, turning on, moving, deleting, clearing the cache, turning off again, calling in from landlines...updating PRL...the final straw was telling me to do a factory reset on my phone.  **The PHONE IS NOT THE PROBLEM**   I WILL NOT do a factory reset.

We had two or three individuals try the recommended  'contact Sprint via PM' on another thread.  After three or 4 missed connections, all came down to doing the same dance I just described and Sprintcare PM telling them to take the phone in for service or to do a factory reset. 

So until I can find a SprintCARE customer service rep willing to actually do some research into the topic try and find an REAL answer - (not just regurgitating ' we can't control all of the variable's between the app and the unique phones/operating system'...

WI-Heather

HTC Evo 4GLTE

With NON-Functioning/ UNRELIABLE VVM services since JULY 2013.

Journeyman

UPDATE  3/5/2014

Today missed a call, received NO NOTIFICATION there was a voicemail.

Have changed NOTHING!!!  Nothing is different on my phone.  No settings have been changed, no apps have been added.* I haven’t moved any icons on or off of the home screens. the VVM App, simply DOES NOT WORK. 

I repeat:  **the Visual Voicemail App does NOT work***

*the phone has updated other apps – I pick up my phone and it is updating something.  My phone is set to automatically update, or else I forget and my phone gets out of date leading to other problems. 

Current settings:

VVM is  under ‘All Apps’

“Show Notifications” is checked.

Version: T.5.3.1.20

Storage total: 1.68 MB

Cache: 0.00B

WI-Heather

HTC Evo 4GLTE

Journeyman

The user guide on the Sprint website shows how to change the micro sd card HTC 8XT User Guide

It also says the phone has a pre-installed sim card  HTC 8XT User Guide

Master

@WI-Heather

Thank you for posting your device information. We apologize for any inconvenience that these issues have caused you. We are still working on a fix for the VM app issue. Please continue to bear with us, we should have the issue resolved as soon as possible.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Master

1JOERED

Thank you for providing that feed back. You input is appreciated.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have only been a Sprint customer for about five months.  When I signed up I picked the 8xt.   What a huge mistake.  As the other posters have mentioned, I'm not notified of a VM.   I have had many cell phones and ALL of them, even ones without LCD displays told me that I had a message!     According to the specs of the phone (from HTC), it is supposed to have a LED that lights up and an icon on the status area of the display.  I can live without the LED, but the icon is another story.  I do not want visual VM as the in store rep suggested ( for a fee).   I was even told I should get another phone, that I would have to pay for!  I know it was mentioned by sprint reps, that issue is being worked on, but it has been long enough.  I just want a phone that tells me I have a VM!!    This is not too much to ask for.  If it wasnt for the huge ETF,  I would switch providers.  I may cancel when the ETF drops a bit in a few months anyhow  Spint, it is time for you to take care of your customers. This issue has been going on for your customers since this phone was released.   I would even take a refurbed phone at this point.  Thanks for reading my rant!!

Master

rustys001,

Thanks for reaching out to u and I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're coming across. When the store checked the phone out, their only response was to try to sell you a different phone? Were they able to duplicate the error and troubleshoot at all? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Dan,

When can we expect to Sprint to address this widespread problem?

We are all paying for a NONfunctioning service.  Paying.  It's part of our monthly bundled price. My phone is my business, missed messages is missed income.

Journeyman

seriously sprint....

https://www.google.com/search?q=sprint+voicemail+notification+&oq=sprint+voicemail+notification+&aqs=...

This is not an isolated problem.  What do we have to do to find an answer?

Master

WI-Heather, Sorry to hear about this issue that is so frustrating to deal with. I understand that it can interfere with your business and personal life. There is a nationwide outage with the voicemail. They are working on a fix for it. We apologize for the length it is taking to get this resolved; however the network team is working as quickly as possible to effectively get this issue rectified. *Shusweela Sprint Care
Journeyman

I've been dealing with this for nearly a year.

I've been paying for a non-functioning service. 

I'm ready to go to the Better Business Bureau.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat