cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

We are still working on it, the testing has not gone as well as we hoped.

Journeyman

voicemail_guy, has the information about successfully receiving voicemails from people that are not in your contacts list been relayed to the people working this problem?

Journeyman

Hey,

And now I'm reading that the Ativ S Neo will be released on AT&T on the 8th of November.  Any bets on the voicemail working on it?  And it being Microsoft's, like the Arrive, that we are all used to.?  :-)

-Droptini

Journeyman

I don't know if anyone else received one of these, but Sprint sent me this text on Monday, 4:03pm (11/4/13):

"SprintFreeMsg: Your Visual Voicemail account is being upgraded. After 11/06, please call in to voicemail to record your new greeting and reset your passcode."

Journeyman

Yeah what happens when your trial is over? You will than need pay to upgrade to get that feature. I have no problems with my voicemail since I gotten my phone

Journeyman

wow, you should be so lucky..

I have done every thing with Sprint to get mine to work right. Last step today was for Sprint to totally rebuild my line from scratch and hard reset my phone, visual voicemail is still not working right. I have also been told that visual voicemail is only way we will ever get notification.

Journeyman

I've been watching this issue since I've been wanting to get this phone.  A week or so ago, someone from Sprint popped up in a chat window and asked if he could help with a problem.  I told him about this issue and he said it's been fixed.  Anyone? Can this be confirmed?

Journeyman

Has not been fixed for me. Sprint has tried every thing, from sending me different phone, changing codes on the voicemail system and finally completely rebuilding my line from Scratch.

Sprint has renewed my upgrade so that I can buy new phone if I wish.

I really like my 8xt and will hang on for little bit to see if it can be fixed.

Microsoft engineers have told me that it is a Sprint and visual voicemail application issue. Sprint supposedly has communication with HTC, Microsoft and Smith Micro (maker of Visual Voicemail).

I have told my contact at Sprint that I want to continue helping fix this with personal testing. He seems to think part of the problem is in the data connection, and that people in strong 3g and 4 g areas have less issues with it. I was also told that we are stuck with visual voicemail for notification of new messages.

So for know I dial traditional voicemail when ever I notice a missed call or every hour when I am in a low signal area just incase the phone did not ring.

It really sucks!!! but I have waited a long time for the Windows phone and don't want to give up so easy.

Although the new 6" screens on the ATT Nokia Lumia 1320 and 1520 are mighty tempting...

So To Sprint. Don't abandon Windows Phone again like you did with the Arrive. GET THIS FIXED..

Journeyman

Charles

Can you provide an update?

This lack of basic functionality makes the phone practically useless as a communication hub.

jlc

Journeyman

Is it really conceivable Sprint would leave Windows Phone users "dead in the water" like this? They want to hand off the issue to a program notorious for not working reliably on any platform instead of bringing a solution to the table themselves? I also find it disheartening that one of our wonderful users here is providing more information about the progress toward a solution to other users, than an actual Sprint representative. Amazing.

I certainly wouldn't dare speak for anyone else on this forum, but I would have a much higher opinion of Sprint if they would level with me. Tell me what's going on. Tell me what resources you're using to find a solution. Tell me why every user of a new Windows Phone 8 (regardless of model) is experiencing this problem, and why the phones made it to market with this serious flaw.

I certainly don't see that happening. What I do see happening is an increase in the volume from the voices expressing dissatisfaction in Sprint's response to this serious flaw. It reeks of a potential PR nightmare for Sprint. How can they continue to sell these phones when everyone is experiencing this issue?

I'm patient. I could wait another 60-days for a fix. But... hearing NOTHING leads me to feel as if  there isn't any real activity going on with regards to fixing this most basic of cell phone functions.

Journeyman

Has anyone tried disabling LTE?  I'm working on a theory that running in CDMA only mode makes it work?

Frankly, on my Android, once they finally started standing up LTE towers in Michigan, I had to disable LTE to even get reliable voice service.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that the "day late" 4G LTE implementation is also (at least) a dollar short...

Journeyman

Hi,

I have disabled the LTE and it's still not working even with the number NOT stored in your phone contact list.

The conditions for the Visual Voicemail to work are:

1. The phone numbers are not stored in your phone contact list,

2. You need both mode CDMA and LTE.

Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat