Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

Hi,

If you listened and deleted the messages from Visual Voice Mail, I believe the messages in the regular Voice Mail will become saved messages which is fine to me.

So the two systems are synced somewhat.

Journeyman

Yes, it seems that a "deleted" message on VVM will move to saved in regular VM, so there is some connection.  I like programs like Skydrive or Outlook (using MS Exchange), where whatever change you make on one device appears on all (I realize that's because items exists in only one database that all the devices "see").

Journeyman

Well, I stand corrected...I must not have manually checked VM in a while...but I'll be, I had 7 'new' messages...and 1 saved message that I didn't save.

I'm disappointed that isn't syncing our actions in VVM...bummer.  Ok...so yes, it is a convoluted workaround.  Let's hope they're still working on it!

Thanks for bringing that to my attention...and my apologies to you WIN8WILLARD!

Journeyman

My Voicemail Notification of my HTC Arrive is not working. Someone mentioned an App for Visual Voicemail, can you tell me the name of the app please? I am just looking for anything that will give me a notification when I have a Voicemail.

The phone has been trouble-shouted with Sprint over the phone, and the phone has been changed and still Voicemail Notification is not working. The phone has also been updated all the way with all the latest updates.

Thanks,

Mark

Journeyman

I understand Sprint has a new voicemail system, maybe that's causing the problem?  My Arrive works fine. I don't know, but my Arrive might be on the old system and yours may have been moved to the new system!?

Journeyman

Actually come to think of it, you are correct, that is exactly when I started having the problem, shortly after I upgraded to the new Voicemail service.

Do anyone know the name of the App I can use that will tell me when I have a voicemail?

Master

MARKCHOO

Thanks for the reply.

Please advise which device you are using as well as what troubleshooting steps were done.

Also, you mentioned this issue first started when you did the update. Was this a software update, or feature update?

As for finding the application, you should be able to search "visual voicemail" for a plethora of options. 

Just let us know.

Zena
Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have an HTC Arrive.

Troubleshooting Steps:

Called Sprint, with the phone, and Reset was done, and I was told to Re-Power the device and Update the "Change Network Profile" when the phone rebooted. Problem was not fixed.

Called Sprint from another phone, the same steps was done with another Tech Support person, except this time I was not on the cell, so I was able to do everything with the Rep on another phone. She ended with, your phone is not connecting to the server, you will need to visit a Sprint store.

Visited a sprint Store, the did a hard re-set on my phone, and still could not get it to work, then then ordered a new phone, got that and activated it, still not working. Tech at the Sprint store said there is nothing more they can do.

sprint sent out a notice stating that they were upgrading their VM service/System and by .... date I needed to call in and re setup my voicemail to the ne VM service.

Hope this is the info your looking for.

Tks,

Mark

Journeyman

Mark the 'App' is the problem.

The name of the app is "Visual Voicemail"  (VVM)

This app came pre-installed on my phone.  When I go to delete it, it says is a 'system app'.  

VVM has not worked on my HTC EVO 4GLTE since sometime this fall/late summer.

My workaround for this is to manually dial in to the 'native' voicemail system to check for / listen to messages.  

Keep us posted with your experience!

Master

MARKCHOO-

Good morning and thanks for the post! Have you by chance logged into your voicemail and made sure that the voice message indicator is turned on? I just want to make sure that we cover all grounds.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,

William
Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Hi William,

I have not checked that, can you give me the steps to find that option so I can check on it?

Again, I have an HTC Arrive.

Tks,

Mark

Master

@MARKCHOO-

You would first need to log into your voicemail, as you would normally do to check your voice messages. Once you're in there, the option is located within the settings. I believe it's "message waiting indicator". Make sure that, that is turned on.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks,

William 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat