cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

um, you probably don't want to go there.  I've had service problems at home for the past 5 years (as I mentioned, I live on an island so I kinda get that the service is going to be a bit sparse). Sprint has been threatening to send me an Air-rave unit for about 8 months.  I finally gave up waiting for it. 

Since I have a new phone, should I really be looking at having to do "troubleshooting" with it?  At least the new phone will actually revert to a roaming signal while I'm at home where my previous phone would not basically leaving me without cell service at home (had a Motarola XPRT - arguably the worst phone ever made).

it's all good for the time being (but the Air-Rave would be nice....)

Master

alsSGS4

I see.

Have you had the chance to visit a Sprint store for service and repair as suggested? If so, can you please of the outcome. We want to stay on top of the situation as best we can.

Zena

Social Care Team

Master

WI-Heather,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your notification issue. This seems like something you would need to speak to the manufacturers of the device for. Sprint does not have access to patch software issues on the device. We would not need to access your account, so there is no need to send us a PM. My suggestion would be to take the device into a Sprint Service and Repair center if you have TEP on your account. tech would be better suited to assist you. Thanks for using Sprint.com

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

mfbnc, 

Thank you for posting, I'm so glad to hear that you Voice mail is working properly now. If you have any other questions or need assistance with anything else please let us know. Thank you for being a valued Sprint customer and Have a Great Day! 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team  

Master

Not good MARKCHOO

I see that this has been a couple days, have you received any word from us yet?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

No, I still have not received a response.

On a Side note: My VM notifications magically started working again on Fri. I have received 3-Notification since.

Mark

Master

MARKCHOO

That is great! We are glad that it has started working for you once again. Please let us know if there are any changes. Thank you.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hey,

So any update on when the VVM icon will show the exclamation point on the lock screen or download the messages and show the number of a new message on the lock screen?

Most of the other issues are resolved, we just need a notification on the lock screen please.

Samsung Ativ S Neo user.

Thanks!

-Droptini

Master

Droptini-

Greetings! Do you receive any voicemail notification whatsoever?

Thanks in advance!

William

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Hey William,

Yes, finally, I receive all notifications as expected.  The only final piece is to get the lock screen to update with either the number of new voicemails from VVM, or even at this point, since it's taken so long, I'd even settle for the exclamation point for VVM to show up on the lock screen so a quick look would tell me if I have a voicemail looking at the lock screen.

Thanks!

-Droptini

Journeyman

Victor,

Please see my message posted earlier today 1/31/14  explaining how I 'Fixed' my situation on my HTC EVO 4GLTE.

It did not require going into the store, or a hard reset.    The problem is NOT the phone.

Again - The problem is the communication between the VVM App and the Sprint Voicemail System.  This is happening across all platforms, Android, Windows, and IOS. 

It appears the 'fix' for my phone was rolling back to a previous version of the VVM App.  I'm not optimistic that this 'fix' will continue to operate properly, technology is always moving forward. It will only be a matter of time before my functioning software is deemed outdated and I'll be forced to update.  (or, as has apparently happened before, the update will happen without my consent.) 

Until then..

WI-Heather

HTC EVO 4GLTE

Journeyman

It seems my response has been moved.

For those of you that are interested here is a link to the new thread:

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat