Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

sassafrass123,

I thought I saw an article, actually more than one, on-line that says the CDR3 update was now available for the Ativ Neo S.  Is that not true?

Here's one of the articles: http://www.wpcentral.com/update-3-now-available-samsung-ativ-s-neo-sprint

EvilGregLew

Journeyman

Yep, I'm on WPCentral too (id: dorelse), and was really happy for Ativ S Neo owners.  However, Sprint has removed the GDR3 info from the update documentation, and its been confirmed by other users that they didn't get GDR3.  The comment section in the WPCentral article also backs up the corrected press release, they're reporting no Driving Mode, no 'X' to close, no orientation lock...so no GDR3 for them yet...unfortunately.

Originally there were 3 bullets in that list...and as listed in the WPCentral article.  But follow the press release link now and you'll notice the GDR3 bullet has been removed:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_ATIV_...Smiley Very HappySmiley SurprisedSmiley Frustrated

I believe all the evidence confirms there is no GDR3 update for the Ativ S Neo yet.  Sprint WP8 is a small community I suspect, so I take no pleasure in that...only trying to say that Sammy still isn't supporting WP8 yet...and if it were me...I'd wait.  On the other hand, Sprint & the HTC 8XT has been first in the world for both GDR2 and GDR3...

Another thread, scroll down to the camera screenshot by 'iknowsingh':

http://forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-ativ-s-neo/262385-sprint-update-2-4-2014-a.html

Journeyman

I had an Arrive for a long time and liked it a lot.  I got the Ativ S Neo about 6 months ago and, in spite of it's lame VM app (Visual Voice Mail), it is far superior to the Arrive. I was concerned about the larger size of the phone, but now I'm used to it, and find it's nearly a mini tablet. I like the "world phone" feature too (although I haven't used it yet).  Coming from an Arrive, you'll be happy with it whenever you decide to pick one up!

Journeyman

lol... HTC 8XT is not has high End as the Ativ S Neo. Ativ S Neo is a world phone. HTC 8XT is not a world phone it does not even have a sim card. Ativ S Neo does. Also FYI I already have GDR3 since last year in November. HTC 8XT sales of HTC phones have been failing while Samsung phones have been Selling like Hotcakes. So yes Samsung has so much going for and is why i pick Ativ S Neo with built in 16 GB of internal storage, high capacity 2,000 mAh battery MicroSd Card and Sim card. HTC 8XT NO Sim card and only 1800 mAh battery capacity which is NOT Removable...which sucks. Also NO MicroSD Card and only has 8GB internal storage which Fails and will run out of storage space soon! HTC 8xt Screen size is only small 4.3 inch while Ativ S Neo as a Big 4.8 inch screen size. So yes Ativ S Neo is an awesome high end windows phone 8

wp_ss_20140213_0005.png

Journeyman

Never said the HTC 8XT was better...or that it was a 'High End' phone...the Ativ S Neo isn't a 'High End' phone either...more of a 'Middle Tier +' phone, would a Samsung GS3 released today, be called a High End phone?  not even close..and that's what the Ativ S Neo is...a 16GB GS3.  Never carried a 2nd battery around ever...so a removable battery is irrelevant for my needs.  Also...lower res screen = less power requirements...meaning my tiny 1800mah battery powers my phone just as long as yours.  I also don't want a 4.8" phone.  I like the size of a 4.3" phone.

World phone is also irrelevant for me...when I go overseas, I activate my GSM phone and use a prepaid card...much much cheaper than paying Sprint's overseas rates.

Never said the Ativ S Neo was worse either.  Only that Sammy still hasn't released an official GDR3 Update...so while you're running the "GDR3 Developer Preview", you're not running an official Samsung released GDR3 update.

Internal memory size only matters until WP8.1 hits...then its a non-issue.

So while I'm thrilled you picked the phone you liked, Samsung is not the poster child for WP8 support, I'm not claiming HTC is either.  The fact remains that the 8XT was 1st in the world for GDR2 & GDR3 and Samsung still hasn't released it for the Ativ S Neo, 4 months after the HTC 8XT...LOL.

Anyway...this thread is for and about WP8 VVM issues...I'll keep my further comments related to the subject matter...not a pointless 'whos phone is better' contest.

Journeyman

You made a good choice getting the Ativ S Neo. I for one waited for it and my mind never wanted the HTC 8XT. Samsung Ativ S Neo with it's built in Sim Card and using it international worked excellent for me. Also size of Neo and very thin body design makes it a great fit in the pocket and carrying it by hand a breez. Sometimes i forget it's in my pocket due to it's very light weight of phone. The MicroSD card is awesome which stors all my music, photos and videos without lost of my 16 GB internal storage. So yes I am enjoying the Ativ S Neo and been working great with no problems.

Journeyman

Samsung Ativ S Neo is a High End phone. Look at the battery capacity it's a 2,000 mAh battery that considers a high end phone. While HTC 8XT is only 1800mah so that's a Middle Tier Phone and look at your features make it a middle tier phone which left out important features like --> NO Micro SD, Battery Not removable, 8GB lol.,.. Which totally fails. and why would anyone want a outdated phone with small storage space and will not even have enough to install many apps or videos or photos. Oh wonder why HTC phones sales are failing. HTC is NO poster child for WP8. Also you say internal memory size matters until WP8.1 hits???? hahaha not true don't need wait for WP8.1 to get more internal memory storage while Ativ S Neo 16GB is sufficient enough for internal and no worries since my 64GB MicroSD card will help with more storage use. While HTC 8XT users will have wait for more storage

You say 2nd battery is no use for you? Yeah right it is useful to have a 2nd battery and great to have a backup while traveling. I can swap it less than a minute while your HTC 8XT will have to look for a plug outlet to charge it. Also your tiny 1800 MaH battery can;t last longer than my 2000MaH battery look at my attachment showing lasting more than over 2 days with heavy use and also last very long while Idle. That's why battery in Ativ S Neo is awesome and last long hours battery life. Which your HTC 8XT can't even last that long.

Yes it's great have a World phone if you ever travel abroard. Ativ S Neo with it's Triband makes it worth having it. While your HTC 8XT will not work international. Fails.

Also Just because i have GDR3 developer preview it is still the same if Samsung was going to post there updates. It also same update of all WP8 phones. So yes I have GDR3 file. lol....

Yes I know it a VM issue just letting you know Ativ S Neo has all capabilities of a high end phone and which makes it very easy to choose it over HTC 8XT Also let you know my Ativ S Neo has no problems with VM issues. Thanks and hope you fix your VM issue on your HTC 8XT

ATIV S Neo packs a 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 CPU, 4.8-inch 720p HD display, 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD recording, 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, 2,000 mAh battery, MicroSD and 4G LTE connectivity

wp_ss_20131120_0001.pngV__CE34.png

Journeyman

Sorry, but dual core phones are not 'high end' phones..they're the highest WP8 (before GDR3) could support, and the 8XT & Ativ S Neo use the same processor..2000 mAh battery does not equal "high end"...sorry.  The new Icon on Verizon, the 1520 on AT&T...those are High End quad core WP8 phones.  Our turn will come too...but no storage issues on my measly 8GB 8XT.  Plenty of storage left available for me.  The truth is the 8XT is a retweaked version of the 8X and the Ativ S Neo is a downgraded GS3 in a blue body (GS3 = quad core, Ativ = dual core).  But that's ok, b/c WP8 doesn't need quad core power to run well, and we all knew that when we bought them.

Enjoy the Ativ S Neo, I chose the 8XT and am very glad I did, I love built in Beats & Boomsound speakers which I need for work...hopefully 2014 brings us some truly high end devices.

The sad part is that you don't even realize that the VVM issues are for ALL Sprint WP8 phones...every single one...HTC AND Samsung...read back...you'll find what's broken for all of us.

Journeyman

hahaha of Course Nokia Icon 1520 is a high end phone because it has NEW hardware and Quad Processor. I was telling you last year Ativ S Neo was consider a high end phone and using the phone which is fast and fluid still runs excellent just because it's a dual core. I don't need a Quad core to run the apps or do multitask it works great with a dual core. Also we all have same OS WP8. I know HTC 8XT is not a good phones since it missing many important features (MicroSD, Tiny 1800MaH battery which can't be swapped, Low 8GB which can't install much apps or videos or photos, Not a International Phone, No Sim Card etc,,,.It might not matter for you but for me it does for personal and business use.

Journeyman

I read rumor that Samsung will be announcing a 5 inch 1080p Windows phone 8.1 quad core  on April 2 when Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Spain. Only part is It will be in Verizon. Hope Sprint will have new WP 8.1 which will have to pray for hahahah...

Goto http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/4/5376862/samsung-huron-windows-phone-8-1-rumor

Journeyman

Also like i mentioned I have NO problems with my VM. I been getting voicemail messages on my Ativ S Neo and also getting notification on my Visual Voicemail all the time. Some people might have problems with VM but me it been working fine since i upgraded of GDR3 which is actual same file of what everyone have on there Wp8 who updated from their provider.

Journeyman

Lol, you don't even know the 8XT's specs...I'm pretty sure that the 64GB MicroSD card sitting in my 8XT right now proves that...or that a 200mAh difference in battery means very little additional usable time for you considering its powering a larger screen.   Want to think you have a high end WP8, more power to you...but they weren't high end when they were released...only the best WP8 supported at the time. 

You're welcome to take this spec discussion over to WPCentral.  I post in both Ativ S Neo & 8XT forums there.  I'm not going to respond off topic any further.

I'm sorry but we both have the same VVM issues, read back a few pages!  (You just don't know about what WP8 VM's system could do, and how Sprint is working to fix them.)

You can say you don't...its working perfectly...but its not...you just don't know what's not happening that should.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat