cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worst customer service experience ever!

Highlighted
Journeyman

worst customer service experience ever!

I have been trying for about 3 weeks now to get a sim card for a htc 8xt...I have tried customer service, I have tried over 10 stores, and I have spoken to sprint international 4 times. The initial reaction I have been receiving almost everytime is "you don't need a sim card for that phone". And then I have to prove to each sprint representative by showing them on the sprint website where it shows the phone requires a sim card. Supposedly the sprint international department has also been unable to order one and they have escalated the request to some escalation team to send me one. This was about two weeks ago. I dont understand how sprint can sell a product but not have replacement sims for this product, but also have so many employees (at least 80% of the ones I have talked to) not have knowledge on the phones that are offered. At this point, im just waiting for my wifes contract to be up so I can get a family plan with another company.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: worst customer service experience ever!

xtrapoetic

I certainly don’t want you to leave. The word ‘sim’ can be misunderstood on many levels. As Sprint does not use SIM cards as other carriers require. We do have a UICCID card that is similar to a SIM card. Though, that card is used for activation and connecting with our LTE spectrum.

With this device, there is a MicroSIM card that is locked into the device. Replacing this part would need to be completed with the manufacture. Though, as you noted above, the international department has escalated your request. I’m quite unsure of this request will actually resolve the situation as this device is not an international capable device. I’d recommend contacting HTC about the issue with your MicroSIM.

Below is a link on how to ‘install or replace the SIM card’ -

http://bit.ly/197eHGI 

*David S

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for your response David.

The link you sent is to enter the sim/UICC card, which I had to send to a couple of the representatives the link to prove that there is a Sim/UICC in the phone. In speaking to the different Customer Services representatives and the International department, I would hope that they would know what phones take the cards and which ones don't. In trying to activate the phone, it states the card is needed. The phone even comes with one inside of the box with the phone.

I do appreciate your response, but I just still can't understand how the company can sell a product, but not have replacement parts that are needed in order for the phone to work on their network. HTC states to contact Sprint about obtaining the SIM/UICC card, as it has to come from Sprint. I even contacted a Windows Store and they said it has to come from Sprint as well.

Journeyman

xtrapoetic

I totally understand and agree. We all should be on the same page with any new product that launches. I will definitely grab this feedback and follow through with my team. I’m assuming the Sprint store you visited was a Sprint owned retail store correct? Were you able to resolve the sim issue yet? Let me know.

*David S

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yes sir...I went to and called several sprint retail stores and repair centers in my area. Unfortunately I still have not received the sim/uicc card. I have not heard anything else from sprint international either.

Journeyman

xtrapoetic

Got it, let me take a closer look over your line. Do you still have the sim/uiccid card that came in the box? I’ll make sure everything matches up for the activation to be completed. Please private message me your name, number, pin or security answer, esn and uiccid number of your HTC8xt. Thank you.

*David S

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat