cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8107 update

Journeyman

Re: 8107 update

I'm jealous of you Venom01x and wish I could have my hands on a Nokia Lumia 900.  I'm pretty happy with the Arrive, but really would like this patch to fix the keyboard issue.  It would be responsible of Sprint to at least announce if they plan on releasing this patch or not, but I guess we can't even expect that.  My loyalty is really stretching thin and to me why is this so difficult to get a small dev team to test out this patch since the other carriers were able to get this done.  This is a sign of weakness of Sprint, regardless if they care to support the Arrive or not.  Sprint has one more chance with a potential WP8 Apollo phone I keep hearing about, but after that I'm a goner.  I've have given them every chance to make up for situations like this and they consistently let me down.  I guess I shouldn't expect too much.

Journeyman

I too have been a Sprint customer for 11 years. It appears that the AT&T 'PR' people have figured out how to pull a fast one and Verizon has caught on too. When AT&T 'gave in' to their customer's protests about no updates, what they were really doing is saying they were offering the "Tango" update in June. It looks like all of the carriers will get this update just like they did with Mango. As you may recall, AT&T was the first to tell their customers that they were getting Mango, followed by Verizon. Sprint stayed quiet until the update was available. Does this story sound familiar? Now I am not feeling so left out in the cold. But I do feel like I'm following the rest of the class in the short bus.

Just waiting until June.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Texans...  I love em! That's what I call research! Keep on that ass!!

Journeyman

I may have some more information about the update next week. I registered for the "Behind the Tiles" event at Best Buy which will take place April 30 in my area.

They listed, among other things:

• Play with some of the latest and greatest Windows Phones
  • Attend an instructor-led deep dive with the Nokia Lumia 900
  • Learn more about Windows Phone’s unique Metro design and future
  • Get the latest info on Windows Phone for IT pros and developers
  • Mingle with Windows Phone experts and fellow fans
  • Enjoy free food and drinks

I know this is wishful thinking but I really hope there will be someone there that can shed some light on the Windows Phone update process.  Wish me luck!

Journeyman

You're going to be disappointed. It's just one of those events where they give you information you already know and train those who do not know. They're just a bunch of people MS hired for promoting the product. I suspect this is also how MS is getting those facebook activation numbers to climb so high because everyone at the event gets to use a Lumia 900 with their facebook (they delete it afterwards).

The odds are pretty good for winning prizes in the raffle though because only 40 people showed up. I won the black Nokia Lumia 900 which would normally be pretty awesome but unfortunately I'm on sprint with a Mango device thats plagued with the keyboard issue because I love my live tiles. I was hoping for the 2nd or 3rd prize of a limited edition Xbox 360 Star Wars Kinect bundle. Remember, most Microsoft events draw very little attention. Keep in mind that MS has kept this to an invite-only event (which reduces anyone from just jumping in) and the odds will shoot up. There was only 40 people that showed up. Top 4 raffle people won the prizes. Pretty good odds for some nice things.

Journeyman

You were right about the event but it was still nice. Instead of going to Best Buy, they held it at a local Microsoft Technology Center in Los Colinas. They fed us pizza and soda. I did see a few things that I hadn't seen before.  Yes, the prizes were nice (no win for me) and there were about 40 people attending. They split us up into 4 groups and rotated us through various rooms.  One of the guys wasn't very knowledgeable or just wasn't very good in front of a crowd.  Unfortunately, he was the one that I chose to ask about the update process.  I got more information (rumors) from fellow attendees.  One who seemed much more informed than me confirmed that the Tango would be coming in June and that Apollo would be available in October.  When asked whether the WP7.5 phones would be upgraded to WP8, they said they could not comment. That tells me that they know and can't say.  Otherwise, they would have said they don't know.  Who wants to be the bearer of bad news?  Again, I'm not holding my breath.

But I really would like my keyboard fixed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat