NOTE: This update will be available via Zune at approximately 1pm CST on 9/27
HTC Arrive Software Update - 2305.13.40301.651 (Microsoft OS - Mango 7.10.7720.68)
- Faster refresh of stock price on refresh or start up of the Stock application
- Camera settings preservation
- Ability to Reply All using MMS
- Microsoft Operating System upgrade (Mango 7.10.7720.68) and EAS enhancements
- View multiple email accounts in one linked inbox
- Switch between text, Facebook chat, and Windows Live Messenger within the same conversation
- Switch between apps that are running and allows apps to run in the background to help preserve battery life and performance
- Integrate Twitter and LinkedIn feed into contact cards
- Organize contacts into personalized Live Tiles for status updates on Start and to quickly send a text, email, or IM to the group
- Bing Enhancements includes Bing Vision, Music Search, and Voice
- Local Scout to pinpoint search results and recommendations for nearby restaurants, shopping, and activities
- Quick Cards to get a quick summary of relevant information including related apps
- Improved Live Tiles let you receive real-time information from apps without having to open them
- Internet Explorer 9 including support for HTML5
- Hidden Wi-Fi SSID support (ability to connect to hidden WiFi networks)
- Voice-to-text and text-to-voice for hands-free texting or chatting
- Email folders can be set as live tiles on home screen
- EAS server search
- Exchange conversation view
- Set exchange out of office
- Exchange tasks sync
- OneNote sync support
- Office 360 – access to office documents stored on skydrive
- Background audio support
- The software version is 2305..13.40301.651; the OS version is 7.10.7720.68
- This update is available only via Zune
- Refer to the HTC Arrive Software Update blog for install instructions
Ah snap! Even provided a 'time' for the release. I TRULY hope it happens. People will NOT like you if it doesn't start rolling out by then! LOL.
There are rumors that this software update will allow the use of EVDO rev. B.
Is there anything to these claims?
I certainly hope so. It's really just a firmware update to the radio. The Arrive and the EVO share the same chipset, so theoretically they both support Rev. B (which Sprint is rumored to be upgrading to on Oct. 2nd), all it needs is a firmware patch to enable it.
Rev B is supposed be as fast/faster than WiMAX. If that's the case, then I can kiss my EVO goodbye and go back to the Arrive. Also, Rev B supports simultaneous Data/Voice over 3G. This effectively kills the need for WiMAX until LTE is rolled out across the network. Smart move...it's just too bad that Sprint didn't roll Rev B out a couple of years ago.
If we are to get Rev B where on the phone can we tell? It would make sense, Sprint is making us pay that extra price per month for data recently.
I'm sure Sprint will list which devices will support it. I'm sure the newer ones include the chip. I know the EVO has the chip, but that doesn't mean Sprint will update the firmware to run it.
Funny, I just finished reading this article: http://www.techieinsider.com/news/10576 , and then came here to check things out and what a surprise! Thanks to Sprint, HTC, and Microsoft for giving us a functional alternative to Android and Apple devices-
I have just given my TP2 to a friend, and will be using my Arrive exclusively!
I, too, have seen reports that Sprint isn't really realeasing this today - and Sprint says it is. what's what? Which is which? What's true?
Should I bring my personal laptop back to work with me this afternoon to upgrade or not?
Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.