cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a ringtone to HTC Arrive

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you add a ringtone to an HTC Arrive.

There is a tutorial online that claims to cover that, but actually just covers how to SELECT a ringtone for a specific contact)?

I have created a number of ringtones for older models (e.g. PPC6700) and would like to use them on the Arrive.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8

im really sorry to report that this unfortunately is not a capability of this phone. You cannot put custom ringtones on this phone.

Journeyman

Re: Add a ringtone to HTC Arrive

According to rumblings in the Windows Phone community, this feature should become available in the fall update, called Mango.

Here is a link to a review I wrote about the device, at the Entertainment Connected community. Lots of Windows Phone MVPs (microsoft awarded community leaders) share information here.

http://bit.ly/eX5CP1

Thanks,

Journeyman

Re: Add a ringtone to HTC Arrive

They've announced multi-tasking ability in a future update (http://wpcentral.com/upcoming-windows-phone-7-multitasking-shown-video) too, so I'd hope they'd include being able to assign a custom ringtone...

Journeyman

Once again Sprint proves it cannot compete with all the competitors.  Why, oh why did I stay with them? 

Wizard

Hello!

This limitation is not with Sprint but rather with Windows Phone 7 as designed by Microsoft. To my knowledge, this limitation applies to all Windows Phone 7 devices, regardless of carrier.

Journeyman

Well that's interesting.  My parents both have the LG Windows 7 phone with AT&T and they are able to download ringtones and assign them. 

It's not the end of the world, they're just ringtones, but it is frustrating.

Journeyman

@THEONLYNIKKI1

It's possible that your parents have a Windows Mobile phone...that is the previous version of Windows Phone. What is the model name of their phones? Is it the eXpo, by chance? I guess your parents could have the Mango Beta running on their LG phones, but they would have to be a developer, or very skilled at flashing ROMs.

Still @JPSquared is correct. Absolutely no current Windows Phone 7 device can have custom ringtones right now, now until they are upgraded to version 7.1 due out in September.

Journeyman

You can add ringtones on WP7. There were some unsupported methods available before Mango but now it's a part of the OS, it just takes a couple of steps.

It's actually really easy and the longest part of the process for me was figuring out which application I wanted to use to trim my media files. I used to use the CTU ringtone (from 24) as my default on my old phones and now have it on my Arrive!

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/06/28/ringing-in-mango.aspx

I've got Mango on my phone so I can't vouch for this working on NoDo but since the sound is created in the Zune desktop application it may be worth a try. If anything, you'll already have it ready to go whenever we get the update from Sprint

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat