cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are my videos trapped in my htc Arrive?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I've had the Arrive for over a month now. Mostly, I really like it. But I took some video yesterday, and wanted to put it on my PC, and apparently, I CAN'T. Really? Is this true? What good is having a video camera if you can only watch them on your won phone? I can't email them, upload them, download them... WTH.

Anyone know more about this, please? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

The only way to share data between your computer and the phone is with the Zune software.  You can install Zune and plug in your phone and it will synchronize media between the phone and the computer.  You also can transfer files from computer to the phone by dragging and dropping media files onto the phone icon on the bottom left corner.  I hope that helps you out!

Journeyman

Thanks, I downloaded the Zune. Still can't do anythin, though. I am pretty sick of trying to look this up and constantly being told by Zune & Windows how to put files FROM my PC onto my phone. That is NOT what I want to do. I want to take videos with my phone (done), put them in an accessible folder on my PC (...?) and be able to upload them to my blog or email them to friends.

So, you helped a little.

Journeyman

After you have the Zune software installed, and your phone is connected, it will prompt you with several screens to name your phone, establish sync settings, etc. Once you complete this process, you will (in the Zune software) go to the Device section, then go to the Videos sub-category, find your Videos and then right click them and choose "copy to Computer". This will put them on your PC.

Journeyman

Sounds like a settings issue:

Zune software actually makes transferring videos and pics taken from the phone to the Pc really easy. I have mine setup where each time the phone is connected to the PC there is a transfer of pics and videos to the PC.

I am not close to my home PC, but I think this is were you can find the settings.

Try looking under settings->Device->SyncOptions

Journeyman

Re: Are my videos trapped in my htc Arrive?

I'm having the same problem.

I also find that the phone is not recognized as a USB device when I plug it in.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat