cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrive will not stay powered off while charging

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is my second Arrive phone, I had to return the first one because it had a defective radio antenna.  When the screen was locked on my first Arrive you could not power off the phone, I can on the new one.  If I power off the new phone and plug in the charger, it powers back on.  When I turn off the new phone while it is plugged into the charger, it powers right back on,  In other words I can never charge the phone while powered off.  My defective phone you could.  Is this normal?

Sincerely

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Hi, thanks for the post and welcome to the Community! This is the first I have heard of this issue with the device. I will look into this issue right now - but I'm wondering - have you plugged the device into Zune recently and checked for software updates?

Journeyman

Yes,  That is the first thing I did when I got home with the device yesterday.  It needed one update and received it.

Journeyman

Re: Arrive will not stay powered off while charging

My Arrive actually does the same thing. I could never power off while its charging. It doesnt really bother me. Everything seems to work fine. I actually think it was designed that way. I am running the latest update.

Journeyman

Also how do I change my user name? 

Wizard

I tested this on an Arrive just now - the device does power on when you plug it into the wall charger. Seems to be "twisted by design" (also one fo my favorite Strung Out records btw). I really have no answer to why your old device did not do this unfortunately...sorry!

Which username are you asking about? Your sprint.com username or something else? If it's your sprint.com user name try this: My Sprint > My preferences > All about me > change display name, username or password. Please let us know if this gets you all fixed up! Thanks!

Journeyman

OK, Fixed the name thing.  LOL  Once plugged into the charger and you power off the phone does yours boot back up as well?  It is wierd that you can not charge with the phone off.

Wizard

Yes - it boots right back up when powered off and plugged into the wall charger. I agree - seems a little weird. You know how those Win-Mo developers are - always trying to be different!

Journeyman

OK, Thank you for all your help!  You saved me another dreadful trip to the store! 

Journeyman

I realize this issue has been settled already, but this is a wonderful "feature" to windows phone. None of the HTC devices that run WP7 will power down while being charged, nor if  you plug in the phone to charge and the device is off, the phone will automagically kick back on.

This is a "by design" feature of all HTC WP7 devices.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat