cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting information for the release of Windows Mango

Go to solution
Journeyman

I'm a bit confused as to what is happening with the release of Mango and Sprint. If you go to the Windows Phone Update page Sprint is the only carrier listed as "testing" even though their support page is showing it as released today and its been seen in "the wild" in retail locations. I've had my Arrive connected to my computer all morning and checked Zune for updates all morning so far with no luck. What is the Official answer? Both of these sources seem pretty official to me. Even Windows Phone Central seems to be a bit confused as to what Sprint's latest stance is. Can we get a reply here please?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

From what I can tell or read, NO device has actually been updated yet. Even those showing as scheduling. That is, at least I haven't read anywhere online that someone got their Mango update in the wild.

I suspect it's ready. Sprint wouldn't have put it on their page if they weren't done testing it. Probably a manual check off that needs done on the Microsoft side. I also suspect MS won't start delivering the update until they have their Developer Network folks updated to roll forward. I am a Dev and have the Beta 2 installed. Originally we were told to roll-back to NoDo, but they have since came out (yesterday) and said they had an update for us that would be pushing to prepare us to actually roll foward.

I think there is still call for patience. MS may not start delivering for another day even. Who knows. It could be today. EVERYONE is anxious for this update, as am I. The Beta has been AWESOME and I'm ready to see the final RTM product.

Journeyman

Several Sprint retail locations are reported has having Mango updated demo devices, as pictured in the link above.

Journeyman

Exactly, which is also what leads me to believe they are actually done testing. Believe me, I keep looking for updates online on Arrives getting the upgrade. I'm wearing this F5 key out today, but it's worth the wait. (Like I said, the Beta is practically flawless. Haven't had any issue with it).

Journeyman

With only one handset to test, I can't immagine that they are actually still in the testing phase either. But I would still like to see an official statement from Sprint to help clear up this confusion. I give them too much money each month to be left in the dark.

Journeyman

If it hits today, I would imagine its going to be after 1:00PM ET.  At least that is what my psychic said.

On a side note... Has anyone seen if there is going to be a legit version of Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger or AIM???

Wizard

I believe your psychic is correct

Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

I believe your psychic is correct

Woowoo!!  I think I love you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I said it first... Your love is meant for me.

Journeyman

LOL - I will love EVERYthing once I get Mango! 

Wizard

The update will be available at approximately 1pm cst.  See this post.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat