cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Unlocked HTC One A9 Sprint Unlocked SKU

Journeyman

Factory Unlocked HTC One A9 Sprint Unlocked SKU

So I bought a HTC One A9 Directly from HTC via their online store only to find out that it was not compatible with the Sprint Network and contacted HTC who had me send in my device to their RMA department only to recieve a Spint Locked device. When I bought this device I had planned on giving the device to my neice the next time I bought a new cellular device as my celluar carrier is a GSM network and my neice is with Sprint which is a CDMA network. This device is supposed to be compatilbe with my carrier and the LTE bands are listed as 2,4,5,12,25,26, and 41 for the Sprint Compatible device, only to find out that the only bands available are 25,26, and 41. I contacted HTC who said to contact Sprint who preformed a DSL unlock so I at least had limited voice service but no data services, who then told me that I had to contact HTC (their computers said that the device was the "Unlocked Sprint Version") to get the issue resolved thus an endless cycle. The full network tech specs for the Sprint Unlocked Varient (directly from HTC) include 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; 3G UMTS 850/AWS(1700)/1900/2100; CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10 4G LTE Bands FDD 2,4,5,12,25,26 TDD: 41. My carrier as stated before supports the GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS and LTE Bands 2,4, and 12. Since LTE bands are not limited to individual to CDMA or GSM networks and can be used by both types of networks it sould be working however I have been forced to play the waiting game in hopes HTC should send out the correct device. This has been going on since Oct 2016. The list of "compatible" US networks and band support can be found via: http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-one-a9-unlocked/ any help that could be provided would be greatly appericated.

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: Factory Unlocked HTC One A9 Sprint Unlocked SKU

you swapped out to a Sprint SIM card correct?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The device shipped with a Sprint sim card but as I stated before I am not a Sprint customer as Sprint is a CDMA network and my carrier is T-Mobile which is a GSM. I am not going to drop service with my current carrier just because of a manufacturer issue.
GrandMaster

i dont remember asking you to drop your current carrier. either the sim card is not working how it should or possibly the info for that phone was not entered correctly into Sprints network..but i doubt it since you are able to at least get voice..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

scratch what i said in my last post..needing a tad bit more info though..YOU are planning on using it with TMO before eventually giving it to your niece to use and youre running into issues with it not getting data from the TMO side? or you already gave it to her and its having issues connecting to Sprints data but calls are working fine?
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am planning to give it to her on her birthday in July. T-Mobile uses the GSM/GPRS/UTMS bands named as well as LTE bands 2,4, and 12. The only LTE bands that were showing up as enabled were 25,26 and 41. But T-Mobile's voice service is over it's 2g and LTE networks and one can not make or recieve calls without connecting to either network. On a side note I have spoken with HTC and they said "... we are waiting to hear from corprate headquarters about the issue you are having before we ship you a new device..." at which time I told them at this point I would rather have my old device back and pay for a new device for my neice and at this point they have lost a customer.

GrandMaster

gotcha. yeah for Sprint those are the bands of LTE they use..which is why i originally asked about the sim card since you wouldnt be able to connect to those without the proper sim card..i would think same ordeal with TMO's sim card being needed to connect to their side. do they not have a fully unlocked device not specific to any carrier that they can send you instead?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat