cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formally requesting Update 7.10.8107.79

Journeyman

There is always XDA Developers for adding the update yourselves.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

Journeyman

Note: The update from XDA-Developers is NOT for the faint of heart or non 'power users'. This process CAN brick your device. So proceed with utmost caution if you do choose to do the update. Also note if something goes wrong during the update process and you brick the device it is unlikely that any warranty for the device will be honored.

Journeyman

Also, some of these updates have radio firmware updates and it is my understanding that those may not be updated.

Journeyman

That is correct. The updates are purely Core OS update cabs. They are not full OEM deployment cabs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So this doesnt die.  I would also like to request that Sprint request from Microsoft the update for the Arrive.

Journeyman

Re: Formally requesting Update 7.10.8107.79

Don't count on Sprint to ever issue updates.  If it's not Android they don't give a spit about supporting the device.  Sprint has burned me with Moto Q, Palm Pre and now I'm sure they will do the same with the HTC Arrive.  If it wasn't for Sprint being a cheap carrier I would switch.  As for iPhone, Apple controls that and Sprint has no say so that's a good thing.  Microsoft should have kept the same policy as Apple with forced updates.

Journeyman

I find it absolutely appalling (but, sadly, not surprising), that Sprint has said NOTHING about this update, including replying to complaints on their own forums. I can't wait until I start getting those phone calls in a couple months telling me to take advantage of my upgrade, so I can tell them exactly why I'm NOT doing it. They have screwed me on two consecutive smartphones now; they're not going to screw me for a third. That extra $20 a month to switch to AT&T is actually starting to look worthwhile, since I might actually get the value for it that I sure as hell am not getting with Sprint.

Journeyman

I just read on wpcentral that AT&T is getting the update in mid-February.  Why can't Sprint give us an update on this??

Journeyman

I know of at least 3 HTC Arrives that needs this update. It's not MS's fault that the keyboard issue hasn't been fixed but it's Sprint's. It shouldn't be that hard to release a bugfix update.

Journeyman

lilgeekgirl. Do you have any information regarding the update at this time?

Journeyman

Bumping because Sprint needs to know we haven't forgotten, although I think after 14 years as a customer I'm through with them at my first opportunity anyhow. I've really had enough.

Journeyman

Mobile World Congress happens in Barcelona 2/27/2012 - 3/1/2012 - is it too much to hope for some information on this topic during that event?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat