cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formally requesting Update 7.10.8107.79

Journeyman

They already basically told us to go pound sand at CES. I see no reason for a sudden change of heart.

Journeyman

@Fred Smythe

I wonder if this will activate on Sprint's network...

http://www.wpcentral.com/china-releasing-lumia-800-cdma-march-other-phones-april

Journeyman

Re: Formally requesting Update 7.10.8107.79

Honestly I'm not interested in it working on Sprint's network, because that still means I'm giving Sprint my business. I'm thoroughly fed up with them.

Journeyman

So I'm guessing there will be no more software updates through Sprint for the Arrive with WP8 coming at the end of the year. Simply awesome...

Journeyman

No.   If it isn't a Sprint device Sprint will not activate it.

Journeyman

And I'm afraid they won't even update us to WP8 when it comes out either!!  Hello AT&T......

Journeyman

Did we say please?  PLEASE give us the update... or at least an update on the update status.

Good grief.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update on the update status is: [...]we can't be bothered to do it, not happening, and go take a walk off a pier if you don't like it, [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

FredSmythe hit the nail on the head.

That's the conversation I had with several people at Sprint today. The funny part? They tried to say that Microsoft hasn't delivered the 8107 update to anyone, and Microsoft are the ones refusing to update all devices.

This wasn't a simple CS agent either. They have some people in higher places there that will literally lie to you to try to put the blame on anyone but them.

Journeyman

Journeyman

1) Bad idea to recommend that to people who don't know the risks or don't wish to subject themselves to said risks, especially when said risks aren't even fully determined yet.

2) As the article said, we shouldn't have to. This is as much about Sprint's failure to support the product they sold us as it is about overcoming the technical issues

3) Sprint called me before I posted this. They said: "Screw you."

Journeyman

"Bad idea to recommend that to people who don't know the risks or don't wish to subject themselves to said risks...."

He didn't recommend that anybody do anything.  He simply posted a relevant link, which contains all the information one needs to decide if they want to take the risk on this, or not.

Thanks J.W.!    

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat