cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formally requesting Update 7.10.8107.79

Journeyman

Re: Formally requesting Update 7.10.8107.79

Totally fair point. I would just hate for people to see that and then go "Done and done!" without really looking at it closely and seeing that there are about six dozen caveats involved and that the people writing the piece don't even recommend people do it.

Journeyman

PLEASE SPRINT! DON'T FORGET ABOUT US!

Windows Phone is great!

Journeyman

Already forgotten, pal. Already forgotten. As far as Sprint is concerned, Windows Phone is dead and buried. I urge you to take your business elsewhere.

Journeyman

FredSmythe wrote:

The update on the update status is: [...]we can't be bothered to do it, not happening, and go take a walk off a pier if you don't like it, [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

...and I think the part they left in AFTER they censored me speaks volumes.

Journeyman

It is very simple, release the update... it won't hurt anything. Let me explain.

Microsoft (MS) took a bold step in the mobile device world and said "you [device manufacturers] will build smartphones that meet the specifications that we [MS] have designed our software to support; we are tired of our software getting torn apart by you". Then it was so; the manufacturers did just that. The devices that support Windows Phone 7 (WP7) are designed to support the OS, not the other way around. This ensured that when MS updated, changed, or patched its software; it would not be bogged down with every iteration of custom phone software and testing of each. The software would work on any phone that was designed with WP7. Also, when MS sent out the OS; it was a general mandate that carriers could install their proprietary software (a.k.a. SprintZone) as an application (APP). This prevented the OS from being bogged down with 'bloatware'. Heck, the OS would run fine without extra bloatware taking unnecessary resources. I am still reeling over CarrierIQ on my HTC TouchPro2. I have the HTC Arrive with the Mango update.

So here we are asking Sprint to release the update. You need to understand that it is not the phone, nor MS that has anything to do with the update. It is solely on the carrier. The devices will work with the update because the devices were designed and built from the OS; this means the phone MUST work with all updates regardless of what software is installed on it (uh-hmm, bloatware). There is no testing involved. It is like sending a pencil back to the factory every time you sharpen it; it doesn't make sense. The phones were built as dictated by MS so that any future updates would be compatible from MS.

If you do not believe what I write is true...explain how EVERY Windows Phone needs the same update regardless of manufacturer. If what I write were untrue; each phone from each manufacturer would have a different update waiting to be rolled out from MS.

Think about it Sprint and get back to me with my update. There is no reason to not release it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Man, I love your enthusiasm, and I agree with your ultimate point, but the route by which you get there is [...].

Message was edited by: mapesy

Master

FredSmythe

Please keep your comments respectful as per the Community Guidelines.

mapesy

Journeyman

I attempted the force update and if you follow all of the directions as best as you can it seems to work just fine.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat