cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint Early 2011

Journeyman

HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint Early 2011

I guess this can be a new look as a Touch Pro 3 with a new UI and a cleaner look.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/11/htc-7-pro-first-hands-on/?utm_source=engadget&utm_medium=twitter

I mean it has a 3.6' screen like the touch pro 2 does and tilt qwerty action going on.

Personally I hope Samsung makes a gorgeous slate one for Sprint with 4G specs. I hope HTC does one as well.

Message was edited by: NjamesB1

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint Early 2011

i wonder when exacty is "early 2011"

i like the dell venue and really hope it comes to sprint

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/11/dell-venue-pro-gives-wp7-a-4-1-inch-qwerty-slider-with-lightning/

Journeyman

I'm hoping that means by sometime in March or early April since I'm eligible for an upgrade about then!  I will definitely be considering this as an altternate to the HPalm Pre 2 when it's time to retire my Pre.  I haven't had WinMo since my Dell Axim, but I would give it a try again if it's as sweet as it looks to be.

Journeyman

i am overdue for an upgrade, i'm still running an old palm centro so the sooner the better!

i was going to get an evo until i saw the windows phones.. i own a zune hd which i love, and it appears the interface is almost the same on the phones plus the xbox live intergration! man i cant wait!!

Journeyman

Yea, the UI is amazing. It's so fluid and seems like it woundn't get old. I really can't wait until they mix this in with some 4G. I'm sure Sprint will try and get a Windows 7 Flagship phone. It'll be good to have several flagship phones with different UI's.

Another thing is I hope they send some type of tweak out and allowing the UI to go in landscape mode. It has a keyboard and the majority of the UI doesn't even go in landscape mode. Only text, pictures (only when looking at them, not the application itself), browser, movies and music ( I believe only when watching or listening), and email applications. For example the HTC Surround has the big speaker feature with a kickstand and that put the phone in landscape, but the UI doesn't go in landscape. Why have your phone sideways if you can only read and scroll on portrait most of the time? Video proving the point: http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/htc-surround-review/

Here's a rumored device coming to Sprint soon. Android though.   http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/23/htc-knight-surfaces-for-sprint-with-android-and-a-slider-of-som/

Message was edited by: NjamesB1

Journeyman

Ok I want to upgrade my phone but stuck on what to pick. I have a HTC Hero now but want to either get the HTC EVO 4g or I was looking into the Windows Phone 7 (HTC Pro 7). My problem is I love the adroid but I also do use tons of microsoft products on my computer and do own a xbox. I guess my question is what are the pros and cons of each and why would you pick one of over the other. I will say this though, the front camera is useless to me, it isnt like I am going to video chat, UNLESS it can use skype then that is amazing.

PS if there is another phone (android or windows based) please let me know. Thank you all.
Journeyman

I wish Sprint would push HTC to put a dual 1.2Ghz processor on this thing instead of the old 1Ghz

Journeyman

Dual(-core) processor is rumored to be coming in a Samsung phone. I didn't hear any Sprint-specific association, but it will likely come out with Honeycomb, so that's also an "early 2011" thing.

I haven't heard of any dual processor devices, so I'm assuming you are referring to dual-core.

Journeyman

Here's a new link on info for the release of this phone.  It's supposed to be out Jan '11 in Germany.  Usually the US market gets the coresponding phone 4-6 months later.  I think Sprint will make it a June '11 release.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/24/htc-7-pro-shows-up-on-o2-germanys-site-promises-january-launch/

Journeyman

I wish it would hurry, everyone else has it

Journeyman

4 to 6 months?!  Sprint isn't creating better choices these days: Its almost better data deal lack of phones vs terrible data deal great option of phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm frankly shocked that the rest of the world has this phone already, and we still don't even have an estimate of when we can get it.    I've even emailed HTC about it, but their best suggestion was to follow their announcements on twitter.  Hopefully the wait is almost over!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat