cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Arrive Battery Life is Great for a Smartphone

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, so here's my 2 cents on my new HTC Arrive Windows 7 device... I like it a lot. The user interface is windows slick. It seems smoother than the Android phone I had before (Samsung Epic). Fit and finish are high quality, as we've come to expect out of an HTC device. The keyboard is the nicest one on the market. Really like the tilt keyboard feature on this device.

The greatest thing about this Windows smartphone, in my humble opinion, is the battery life. I use my phone modestly, and noticed on my Samsung Epic that the battery life left much to be desired. Couldn't get to dinner time without having to recharge the Epic (even only with light to moderate use). With the HTC Arrive, however, I can get two full days!

The only negative I have to say on this device is that there's no 4G option and the graphics aren't too good when I try to watch Youtube videos on it.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts and experience with this new device.

All the best!

Tags (4)
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with you. The battery life on this phone is excellent, compared to the other smartphones I've had (Evo, Moment, Instinkt s30, Instinkt). I use my Arrive for Music all day. I do turn off the cell radio, and switch to Wi-Fi since I'm indoors on my work connection most of the time. It's nice to know that I can actually use my phone, and still get home at the end of the day, and not have to recharge until the morning.

When I had my EVO (which I loved), I had to charge at least once a day. Take it off the charge at 6am, I had to charge it again by 3pm just to make it home. That's really more of an Android multi-tasking issue though. Windows Phone has a big advantage there.

I also wish it would have had a 4G option, even though I rarely used it on my EVO, it was still nice to know that I had it (since I was being charged for it anyway).

Highlighted
Journeyman

i use my HTC Arrive mainly as a phone.  Hands-free talking, texting, emailing.  But I also access the web.  I use the GPS.  I use Rhapsody.

My phone does not make it through the day for me.  However, I order two extra batteries and a charger.

It doesn't take a second to swap out the battery and I am good to go.

I haven't have your problem with the graphics on YouTube.  Did you download the app specifically for the HTC.  On marketplace its called HTC YouTube.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah definitely great battery life with this phone. I don't have to keep it tethered to power source like the pre minus which died in half a day if it wasn't constantly getting juiced.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for sharing your real-world experiences with the Arrive.  I had a Palm Pre when they first came out and ended up ditching it because I was having to charge it twice a day with minimal use.  I am looking at leaving my BlackBerry and getting an Arrive but the battery life was one of my main concerns.  If it doesn't make it through an entire day of light-to-moderate use, I will be disappointed.  Thanks again for sharing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah it'll easily get through the day on light to medium use. I have my phone set to always deliver work email, and gmail on 15 mins.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I agree! I got my phone a week ago and I love it. I get through the day without charging until the end of the day. It feels ackward, but nice not having to carry a charger with me all day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC Arrive Battery Life is Great for a Smartphone

If Sprint and HTC release an upgraded 4G Windows phone before my yearly upgrade, I will SO VERY MUCH be paying full price for that device. While the current state of the Windows OS DOES indeed have some minor irritations, I know that those irritations I have are being addressed with the Mango update! Mango will TRULY put Microsoft back in to the smartphone wars!

Love the Arrive though!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I find the positive comments about battery life to be strange as we have several of these at work and no one gets more than 6 hours on the battery. the local Sprint store swapped out some batteries but no help. We turn off WiFi and Blue tooth searching and other stuff when not needed but it doesn't help much. I never use it in the car without being on the charger any more - just automatic - in the car - plug it in. Can't wait to get off this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

that's unfortunate. my phone is doing even better with mango now too. was able to go an entire work day with 3/4 or 1/2 of the battery left going from 9am-7pm. work email as it arrives, signed into live/facebook chat, about 10 live tiles, 1hr of podcast listening during drive home and to work, some web browsing

Highlighted
Journeyman

How is everyone's battery life since Mango?  I was running the leaked RTM no problem but ever since I got Sprint's Mango my battery is much worse...and check out this thread:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/181279.htm

It appears the only people complaining have an Arrive...

Highlighted
Journeyman

And here I thought no one else noticed.

My battery life has been ABYSMAL since Mango hit my phone. It's really saddening.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat