Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Arrive battery life after Mango update.

Go to solution
Journeyman

HTC Arrive battery life after Mango update.

One of the things I loved about my HTC Arrive was the fact taht I could go about 2.5 days before I would have to charge it. I dont facebook or twitter and I have location, bluetooth, feedback, wifi and any other non-essential connections turned off. I have my email set to only update manually as well as other features set to not update unless its manual.

I have been doing this ever since I got my Arrive and I made sure to keep the same settings after the Mango update. In fact, I even have the battery saver (new in mango) option turned on. I have tried a day with that feature on and a day with it off. Same result... I now HAVE to charge my Arrive every night. If I don't it will be dead by the time I wake up in the morning after a full charge in the morning.

It appears I am not alone with this issue either: http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/181279.htm

Is this a known issue? Will it get fixed anytime soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

As a rough estimate, without bluetooth enabled.

I get about 3.5 to 4 good hours of using it constantly, watch about 2 hours of netflix,

surf a little and play PvZ for about an hour or so.

I will need to charge it fully and try to watch the time again.

You can not expect to get all that many hours of full use out of a device like this.

If I don't use it, well, I don't really know, i am on it too much to say how long it would last if I didn't touch it.

According to other posts around the net, the fix is to reset the phone.

I did look and mine says I have approx 15 hours on full charge.
I will post back once i reset it tonight and tell you if the reset fixes anything and if it actually does last longer or not.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Almost been two days... Anybody have any info on this?

Journeyman

I've got an Arrive but haven't noticed any changes.  But to be honest, I recharged it every night prior to the update as well.  I typically have *everything* turned on.  I wish I could help.

Journeyman

As a rough estimate, without bluetooth enabled.

I get about 3.5 to 4 good hours of using it constantly, watch about 2 hours of netflix,

surf a little and play PvZ for about an hour or so.

I will need to charge it fully and try to watch the time again.

You can not expect to get all that many hours of full use out of a device like this.

If I don't use it, well, I don't really know, i am on it too much to say how long it would last if I didn't touch it.

According to other posts around the net, the fix is to reset the phone.

I did look and mine says I have approx 15 hours on full charge.
I will post back once i reset it tonight and tell you if the reset fixes anything and if it actually does last longer or not.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

I did a system reset and had to re-set up my phone and all my apps but it worked! Thanks Xtol for the idea!

I am back to 2 days on a full charge!!!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat