cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Arrive is not friendly to Spanish speaking people

Journeyman

I can't believe that my new HTC Arrive does not have a Spanish Keyboard and no one know who is responsible on fixing this issue.

After spending 3 hours at my local Sprint store no one could pin point who is the one responsible for the Spanish keyboard. They first call Microsoft and they said to contact HTC. HTC finally mention that it is Sprint's fault that it was not included with the phone. Now no one wants to take responsibility on this issue and I left the store with out a clue how to get Spanish spell correction when I text.

I go back and forward texting in English and Spanish, and the feature of changing languages is the only thing I miss about my old Blackberry.

I will be nice to have a phone that is friendly for the multilingual speaking costumers.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

I understand the frustration, but you should have tried the phone out, in the store, before you bought it. All corporate sprint stores should have a working display model of the HTC Arrive, that you could have used, in attempting to switch languages. Just sayin'...do your part to be an informed consumer.

However, you can blame Microsoft for not including additional languages. They wrote the OS, not HTC or Sprint. All the latter two can do, is add their "App Hubs" to the device. Microsoft specifically designed their OS so that no one can modify it. Lay this one at the feet of Microsoft.

However, I do think that the new OS update (Mango) release will offer multilanguage support on the device. It should come out in the fall (September-ish). So if you can hang on for a another month, you'll have what you need .

Journeyman

Phefner is right. I've seen phones using developer builds of the upcoming fall update and there is indeed an option for Spanish keyboard support.  Just hang in there.

Patron

I posted about this in these fora before, I had a Samsung Focus before and it had the Spanish keyb and spell checker. I'm positive that Sprint removed all extra keyboards since WP7 clearly supports them. Now I'm using a developer release of WP 7.5 (Mango) that has over 20 options for keyboard and language. I'm keeping WP 7.5 until Sprint updates all HTC Arrive phones with Mango or I get the next WP7 device.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat