cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC arrive doesn't send SMSs for days then dumps them all at once

Highlighted

My wife's HTC Arrive had only intermittenly been sending texts for two days (and gave her no indication of which were sent and which weren't). Then, last night at about 5:00, the phone started sending out tons of texts all at once. This wasn't the first time she'd had access to a signal, either, and where she'd been trying to send them (at work) she had enough of a signal to make a phone call just fine. Strangely, it happened again at 11pm. This is the first time it's done this.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

RobertMcD525, this is an interesting symptom you are describing? I have seen this kind of thing before for other devices, but not with the Arrive. With other devices this due to being connected to a femtocell product like the Samsung Airave. Femtocells are used to enhanced service in areas with poor cellular reliability. Are you aware of your wife connecting to a femtocell product either at work or do you have an Airave home?

We definitely don't have anything like that, at home or at her work. Just her phone and my phone (an HTC EVO 4G).

Wizard

Sometimes you network credentials become corrupted over time and can lead to strange network behaviors like you're expriencing. I recommend you Change Network Profile. This allows the device to delete it's current network credentials and downloads (or programs) the correct credentials to the devices. You can find directions for this process here. (look approximately halfway down the page under the header, "If your phone did not activate successfully when you turned it on for the first time, complete the following steps") Please let me know if this behavior returns over the weekend. -T.

Turns out my wife doesn't want to do a full reset of her phone (along with deleting everything) after only one day of it acting weird. Is there any way to force the phone to send unsent texts if she's having connection issues? (Which seem rampant up here around Portland, OR.)

Wizard

Performing a Change Network Profile does not affect your personal settings on your Arrive. It only reset and updates your Sprint credentials and will be transparent on the user's end. You do want to make sure that you have good coverage when you do this (at least 3 bars).

When texting the text of unsent messages appear more gray then sent messages (which usually appear white).

Just out of curiosity, did this issue persist throughout the weekend?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat