cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS "Get media content now"

Journeyman

MMS "Get media content now"

Okay, I have been having issues with my MMS(picture) messages not opening or sending.

When trying to open I click "Get media content now", it changes to "Getting media content..." then changes right back to "Get media content now."

When trying to send MMS it says "Can't send message Try again."

Everything else Data related works perfectly fine. I have no other issues with my device.

I have done all of the following::

-multiple reboots, shut downs and battery reseats

[changed every setting under settings > system > cellular]

-change network profile and change prl multiple times

-turn data off then on

-turn airplane mode on then off

-switched between roam and don't roam

-switched between automatic and home network only

[changed every setting under settings > applications > messaging]

I am at wits end with this!!!! Someone please help?!

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: MMS "Get media content now"

I also have that problem. I got a new phone and it still happens. I have to turn my phone off then back on. This only last for 2 days as I won't be able to get messages again after that and have to do the process all over again. It is really getting on my nerves. Sometimes I don't get regular messages and phone calls. This has just started.

Journeyman

Hi Miss-Kas. I know exactly what you are going through.  All 3 lines I have with my Arrivehave gone through everything as you have as well and this is what I have figured out. Its not so much The operating system as the issue as these issues have been resolved by Microsoft with updates. Sprint is at least two updates behind MCR2 (which solved many issues), and the MCR3 (Commonly known as "Tango") update with a few nice features included. Microsoft's operating ststem has been updated and fixed but Sprint refuses to update to the latest version of the OS for whatever reason.(Verizon updated their sole Windows Phone HTC Trophy which is near identical to the Arrive and included Hotspot capabilities and never had the 160 text limit) Sprint does not like Windows Phone nor do any sales people on the floor at any store I have ever been to. In fact they typically talk down on it but it was the highest rated phone for Sprint when it was available. Really strang how they treated Arrive customers... So, when it came down to it, the texting has always been an issue including the 160 text limitation and with photos. Typicall doing any one of those things you have already done would have fixed the phone but when you get to the point when you cant get it to work as I eventually did, you have to wipe it clean and resore to factory setting to get it working again. Its actually not that long of a process assuming all your contact are stored to the cloud. You can go to www.windowsphone.com, select myphone, then select account and you will seel all the apps you downloaded which will load to your phone automatically once you re-install from the website. Only thing I lost was my past text messages.

resetting to factory is the last and only option at this point as I had previously mentioned.  Assuming you have all of your contacts saved on your Live account, you can retreive all your contacts rather quickly and then get to downloading the apps you were using.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having MMS "get media content now" issue for group texts and .  In the past, a power cycle would fix.  this time I've gone through every reboot, reset, settings change known to man.  I've tried them all from the forum, Sprint tech support, and HTC tech support. 

The crazy thing is that it stopped sometime around 3/14.  I went to Dallas on 3/18 and it worked fine, only to return home (Louisville) and it was not working again. 

Frustrated. 

Journeyman

similar issue also in Knoxville tried restting PRL and turning aiplane mode off and on (worked with older arrive but not my new replacement)  any ideas ....

Journeyman

i tried all of those as well as Change Network Profile, take off battery, turn off wifi, hard reset, etc.  It was about 45 mintues with Sprint technician. They were very apologetic, but could not get it working.  Some of those worked in the past, but not this time. 

Journeyman

In the same boat, MMS stopped working around 3 weeks ago.  All of the usual tricks (power down, data on/off, change profile, change prl) didn't work, even went the hard reset route and I still get the same message. Called Sprint and they had me go into the data settings with the codes to reset the phone and it's still in the 'get media content now' phase, then suggested a replacement phone for $40 to which I refused why would I want to pay $40 for the issue to come up again.  All of my other data services work fine (email, navigation, internet, apps) but MMS won't.  In the Knoxville, TN area.

Journeyman

Same thing is happening to me.. I've tried everything but the hard reset and after reading these posts, don't see much point in going thru that. HTC Arrive, Windows Phone 7.5. I am also in the Knoxville, TN area and have noticed in the past couple of weeks. Very frustrating - can't send or receive pictures.

Journeyman

I've also been experiencing this issue for about a month now.  No relief from Sprint who just want me to take the phone into the service center.  From all I've gathered that is not going to result in fixing the issue.

I did momentarily reactivate my old Intrepid which sends and receives MMS flawlessly.  I thought that deactivating and reactivating the Arrive might 'fix' the issue.  Not so.

Sprint - Hello!  Are you going to support our devices on your network or should we be taking our business elsewhere?  This problem obviously exists in large numbers - Google it!

Matt

Journeyman

What's interesting is that I just got back from travel and I was receiving and sending MMS messages with no issue while in Atlanta.  I had my wife send a test MMS message as soon as I land in Knoxville and right back to the same issue that we've been describing in this issue...with no apparent response from Sprint it seems.

Journeyman

On WP8, this helped for my HTC 8XT.  Try Settings->Cellular, then under Mode Selection, choose CDMA.  This turns off 4G.

Then Settings->Network Profile Update.  After the update, you may need to turn off 4G again.  Then either tap on the picture you couldn't download before, or wait for it to be redelivered.  You should be able to download it on 3G.  Then reenable 4G.  For me, I still have to go to 3G when new pics come (but can skip the profile update).  Not great but at least it stops the constant redelivery I was getting.  Then switch to Whatsapp or some other app for texting pictures.

Hope this helps!

Journeyman

I've had this issue with my current and previous Windows phone. It is a Sprint network issue. I have also experienced it when traveling, where I was receiving pictures and texts fine, then visited in-laws in Alabama, and lost the capability. Customer service has been less than helpful. I've taken my current phone in three times, had it reset, and it always reoccurs after a period of time. They also always act like they've never heard of the issue, though as I mentioned, this phone has been in three times (we do not live in a big city, and there is only one Sprint store that does repairs), and my prior phone was in two times with the same exact issue. I pay for the equipment replacement, but instead of providing a new phone, they keep trying to "fix" the current one. My family, after having been on Spring since receiving my first phone (so probably at least 17 years), are finally moving to Verizon because we're tired of dealing with these issues related to Sprint, that Sprint can't resolve. I'm sorry I couldn't provide help on your issue, but I have tried every "fix" mentioned on all these threads, reset my phones, and even if correct, at some point it will likely resurface. You probably either need to leave Sprint, or move on to another phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat