cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Arrive won't connect to Sprints network

Journeyman

Re: My Arrive won't connect to Sprints network

Hey DRIBBS1

Thanks for taking the time to try and help with this first I’ve done the basic steps from sprint and from you and no luck. My settings are network sprint and data connection on with roam on. But if I try and change network profile I get an error ( Try again later, and if the change is still unsuccessful, contact your support person.) I can change prl with no error. Im not sure what else to try. I took battery out and did not help I did reboot of phone did not help.

Journeyman

This is now happening to me too...with the added joy factor that WiFi won't work either. It just started within the last hour...and the Sprint 'technician' on the phone had the nerve to try to condescend to me even after I explained that I work for MS.

He tried to tell me of all things that I needed to perform a software update on the phone. When I tried to explain to him that 7392 hasn't been released yet he tried to cover by stating that attempting to perform a software update from the menu on the phone will reset all the default network settings even if there is no update.

I'd say nice try if it weren't for the fact that he's so incompetent as to not realize that the phone doesn't have a manual update option on it. I worked for a major wireless company for quite a while, and this type of attempting to lie to a customer, then try to snow them even after they tell you they work for the company that made the software is ridiculous.

I switched from Verizon to avoid this kind of nonsense...not to have it made even worse.  If this isn't fixed soon I won't be sticking around.

I figured I'd try a hard reset (I should note this is not my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd hard reset on this phone for various issues) and it's working for now.,we'll see if it can last longer than a week this time.

Here goes another several hours gathering all my apps again & reinstalling them 1 by 1, and inputting specific contact data, and putting all of my music, podcasts and more back on the phone.  In the last 2 weeks I've spent more time configuring the phone after hard resets than I have actually using it

Journeyman

I'm currently having the same problem.  I went through customer service with the first phone and a hard reset wouldn't fix it so I was sent a new one and I'm getting the same error as before with a new phone: result code 0x80072FA8.  I have sprint as my active network, Data turned on alond with roam, network type is automatic. The network profile won't update and change prl isn't even available for me to access. It's greyed out.

Journeyman

After I reset the phone data is working again not sure if was an app or what but that did it for me.

Journeyman

I did the reset from the setting>about tab and all data seems to be working now. Thanks!

Journeyman

Within the past day or so, I've suddenly been seeing a triangle at the top of the display and a little left of center.  Under Settings > Cellular, Active network reads as "Digital Roaming" (and is grayed out), Data connection is "On", Data roaming options show "don't roam", and Network type is "automatic".  In addition, the phone tile shows "Digital Roaming", and apps that need a data connection are unable to obtain new content.  Just to be sure that there wasn't a problem unique to the network in my area, I checked when in another city within the metropolitan area and had the same experience, so don't think it's the issue.

Any ideas on how to resolve things and/or what might've caused the sudden change?

Thanks.

Master

The symbols on the deivce are saying that you are data roaming  and you have roaming disabled on your device.  Sprint does not charge for data roamining on a phone  so enable it and you should  get connected.  Now the fact you are roaming seemily every where is a different problem. For that call into customer service from a different phone and in an area that has sprint coverage so we can troubleshoot that issue

Journeyman

I am having the same issue now, my Arrive worked fine until a couple of days ago and now it will only work if it is roaming...No Sprint Network?? I have been passed all around from a retail store, online support, and multiple phone calls!! My phone has been reset several times and nothing seems to work...Can anyone here please help?

Thanks

Sprint Product Ambassador

when you say the phone has been reset, what exactly have you done?  From settings and about phone, you have reset the phone?  Has anyone walked you through the OTA Provisioning?  If it is still unable to authenticate on the Sprint network, I wonder if perhaps part of your profile is corrupted.  Are you able to DM me your account information so that I can submit a ticket for you?  DM me and I'll send you a list of the info I'll need to submit a ticket on your behalf.

D

Journeyman

So far I only reset from settings, last night I bounced around the Sprint support quite a bit and one agent tried the OTA Provisioning but it didn't work, and what I mean by that is I would enter the ##111111# (example) and it wouldn't take me into any menus or do anything. I do think you are on to something when you say my profile may be corrupt. Before I worked with Sprint on this last night I could use the phone fine while roaming, as of this morning my phone doesnt work at all!! It still says its roaming but I cant make or receive calls and have no data. If you could please help I would really appreciate it. How can I DM you my information?

Thanks

Sprint Product Ambassador

Add me as a friend and then see if you can DM me.

Journeyman

Hi Dribbs1!

I've having what seems to be an the same problem.  I'm a Sprint customer for many years - just trying to upgrade. 

I am on my second HTC Arrive in a week.

Current status: phone & text= ok; data=never have gotten any

1) I purchased it from Amazon.  The Sprint  On-line-Chat/On-Phone-1-800 techs could not get data to work.   Eventually they did things to totally disable the phone and text too.   When I write "disable," I mean permanently - the HTC Arrive would not  longer "do" anything expect turn on and look pretty.

2) Went to store - they spent 3 hours with it.  Store techs told me to send it back, so I did and I got a new one.

3) My 2nd new HTC Arrive has phone and text services, BUT again No data - not on Sprint or Roaming.

4) Many resets of all kinds have been done by Sprint on-phone/store techs and me.

5) I was told "it's just the network in your area."  This is  pretty bogus as there IS data service/Sprint Vision in my area (zip  19103) from all carriers because (1) my ancient PPC 6700 (that I just  retired) received it fine all the time at home and (2) at the Sprint  Store a few blocks from my house everyone is obviously getting data  service (except me).

Is there a solution to this problem?  Were you able to help the others?  Many Thanks - Joe

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat