cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Hello,

Sprint seems very gung ho on Android which is nice as an alternative but for business needs it isn't there yet.   I LOVE the HTC EVO hardware.   I want a SLIM, BIG SCREEN, FAST phone.   The HTC meets all those requirements, however I need the phone for BUSINESS.

Android doesn't do a great job with attachments from the office in e-mails.  Android has little support for MS Exchange.  (Nexus one didn't even support MS Exchange Calendars!!!!!) You can use the HTC sense overlay or buy touchdown but I want the great functionality native to WP7 which is still ahead of anything including HTC Sense or touchdown.   WP7 has in place document editing even powerpoint!    I want the better functionality for office documents available in WP7.

I'm sure Sprint is considering some WP7 but I want it clear we need a SLIM, large screen, fast processor phone.   You are welcome to sell bulky small screened, cheap hardware phones with slide out keyboards like the LG, but I want an excellent piece of hardware for my business phone and I'm willing to pay for it.

Android shows promise but it isn't really a corporate phone solution.    Hell, you can't even dial by voice via BT- FREE phones from 2003 had that functionality.   I've been using that for years on WM and I'm not about to go back in functionality.

The most posted and read topic on Buzz was about the HD2 and for some reason Sprint ignored all those posts.   Tmobile can't keep up with the demand for the HD2 - so clearly there is a demand for high end phones that don't run Android.  I'm not knocking Sprint for offering Android - I even praised them for carrying the EVO even though I don't want that phone.

I would like it on the record that there is a demand for SLIM, large screen, fast processor, high quality phones - not just cheap LG phones that run WP7.   And as Sprint management moves at glacial speeds, it is best the petition start now even though I've requested it in non petition posts for months now.    If Sprint doesn't let HTC know we want the phone, it could be ages before HTC offers a CDMA version of a WP7 phone.   HTC doesn't spend tons of research and development to make a phone for Sprint and then ask Sprint if they want to carry it as Sprint is a CLOSED environment and will only let you use phones you buy from Sprint (unlike Tmobile and ATT).    Sprint has to tell HTC what phones they offer for GSM carriers they would like before HTC makes a CDMA version for Sprint.

XDA already got WP7 running on the HD2, if we had gotten the HD2 way back when we petitioned for it, we'd be all set when WP7 came out.   I don't know if someone will get WP7 running on the EVO so I want to start the petition for Sprint to solicit a HD2/HD3 WP7 phone ASAP.

WP7 will be released in a few months.   We can't wait for Sprint to say - yes, we'll carry a high end phone, I'm sure they plan on offering some low end phones and there is nothing wrong with them offering a selection but the selection should include a high end phone for business users as well.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/15/leaked-windows-phone-7-rom-filename-suggests-an-htc-mondrian/

93 REPLIES 93
Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

http://htc-phones.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/HTC-HD3-Cell-Phone.jpg

http://htc-phones.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/HTC-HD3-Cell-Phone-2.jpg

http://htc-phones.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/HTC-HD3-Cell-Phone-1.jpg

Some concept art on the web.

Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Here is some info on what will probably be one of HTC's first WP7 phones the Touch Diamond 3, probably being released in November.  I'm looking forward to something using hardware similar to the EVO but with a more business friendly OS.

http://www.mobileinfos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/HTC-Obsession-1.jpg

http://www.mobileinfos.com/2010/01/htc-obsession-touch-diamond-3-first-images/

Journeyman

I agree that it's a cool phone, but if Sprint doesn't already have plans to offer the phone it will/would take a year to get it launched anyway.

So, here is to hoping that it is already in the pipeline and that it will come out soon.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Ya whats the deal with Sprint? They have really no compelling windows 6.5 phones

Microsoft is just finishing up Windows Phone 7, the sdk and all the tools have been released already

The hardware specs and guidlines have been released

The OEM's are already building devices and will be ready to go

Hello Sprint, you better have your friggan act together here, you have everything you need, don't tell us the day the first P7 launches that you need another year to release it, gimme a break, stop dragging your feet and you better already be on it, really don't know what the deal is with carriers, this time the balls going to be in your court and very soon

and thank god microsoft took the update process away from carriers, MS will handle it going forward since the carriers botched it everytime

guys window 6.5 came out and it took sprint almost a year later to release the upgrade? whats the deal?

Journeyman

Journeyman

Rumor has it that the first HTC phone Sprint will carry running WP7 will be the Gold_W.   No information on screen size, unit thickness or anything else yet although the W is believed to be a world phone which seems like a good idea provided the unit is still slim.

Journeyman

Sprint, We want the HD3 As soon as possible Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I am signing this for two reasons:

1. I am a corporate business user who will need/want a WP7 phone. Don't make me switch to T-Mobile for one.
  2. I am a Zune Pass subscriber. I would like to load all of this music onto the phone to stream through my car stero via bluetooth as I do now with WM6.5.

If Sprint does not release an "EVO w/ Windows" style phone, I'll go to a competitor to get it.

Journeyman

rgramke04 wrote:

I am signing this for two reasons:

1. I am a corporate business user who will need/want a WP7 phone. Don't make me switch to T-Mobile for one

If Sprint does not release an "EVO w/ Windows" style phone, I'll go to a competitor to get it.

I'm a corporate user as well but will just go to a competitor as well if Sprint plays the game they did with the EVO on the monthly plans.    I was considering the EVO but they wanted to nearly double my monthly bill to get the EVO!   At the price I might as well go to Verizon and get good customer service, a larger phone selection, better coverage, and nearly half my mobile to mobile calls are with Verizon customers - I don't know anyone on Sprint.   I really like the iphone and rumor has it Verizon will be getting it in February.

Journeyman

Returning from Afghanistan next month...can wait a few months for a W7 phone, however, won't wait to the end of the year...get the phone id'ed and into the stores ASAP...and make it worthy.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat