cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

I second that suggestion.

Sprint needs a broader phone base.  A good offering of Windows and Android phones would really help Sprint stay in the running as a wireless carrier.   High-end phones for both operating systems would really help round out Sprint's offering of smartphones.  The ability to harness 4G will only be an added plus on these devices.  It just makes good business sense to me.  I Hope a good Windows Phone 7 device is being brought to the Spring Network at launch of the operating system  during the holiday season.  As i am in need of a keyboard i know i will have to wait longer for my device to come to market.

A device  like the Evo running Windows Phones 7 would be a great start and allow for greater expansion of the overall windows experience as Microsoft continues to improve it's product, through over the air updates.

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

boe_d wrote:

rgramke04 wrote:

I am signing this for two reasons:

1. I am a corporate business user who will need/want a WP7 phone. Don't make me switch to T-Mobile for one

If Sprint does not release an "EVO w/ Windows" style phone, I'll go to a competitor to get it.

I'm a corporate user as well but will just go to a competitor as well if Sprint plays the game they did with the EVO on the monthly plans.    I was considering the EVO but they wanted to nearly double my monthly bill to get the EVO!   At the price I might as well go to Verizon and get good customer service, a larger phone selection, better coverage, and nearly half my mobile to mobile calls are with Verizon customers - I don't know anyone on Sprint.   I really like the iphone and rumor has it Verizon will be getting it in February.

Aside from the iPhone wishful thinking, I agree with regards to reasons to go to Verizon.  I just don't get though why people actually think that AT&T's 5 year exclusivity agreement with Apple would suddenly go up in smoke during year 4.  Are you people just quoting other people who wished that the iPhone was coming to Verizon in Feb, 2011?  Give me a break.  Verizon is NOT getting the iPhone.  Get that through your heads.  And neither will Sprint for that matter.

As for reasons to dump Sprint for Verizon, I think the following makes the most sense:

1. Way better native coverage (no real need to roam anywhere)
  2. Better customer service (at least when compared to Sprint and AT&T)
  3. Generally a greater selection of phones
  4. Consistent messages to the customers from Verizon corporate
  5. No bogus rate plan increases (yet) without any legit explainations
  6. Launching LTE in October, 2010!

Good enough reasons for me.

Well, considering that Microsoft already stated publicly that they will launch their first WM7 phone in Europe in early October, 2010...I guess you'll be waiting quite a while.  Oh, and the first US WM7 phone?  Not until mid-November, 2010.  So, if you can't wait until the end of the year...then you're not interested in a WM7 period.

Journeyman

I too am tired of Sprints lack of WM support.  I had the Evo and after 2 weeks realized it would not work for me in a business environment.  I have been waiting for a new WM phone, but I'm beginning to get discouraged.  I am seriously considering going to T-mobile for the HD2, but since I have been w/ Sprint for 10+ years, I'd rather give them the opportunity to shine.  After seeing the specs on the HD3, I am excited and hopeful that Sprint will step up and add this device to their lineup.  If something don't happen soon, I'm afraid I may have to jump the Sprint ship.

Journeyman

Yes, add my vote. I have to decide before November on a new smartphone. If Sprint does not have a Windows Phone 7 by then, I will have to move to another provider.

Journeyman

I'm in the same situation. Will have to go to (ug) AT&T.

I balked at the switch when my wife and daughter wanted an iphone.

IMHO, this is an opportunity for Sprint to get in on the ground floor of an exciting platform while verizon pouts and squabbles with Microsoft.

Going all android won't differentiate them from verizon in any way. Then it's just a matter of perception and momentum. Verizon is winning that battle now.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Get the WP7 phones Sprint--or keep losing your Premier business customers.  What a lost opportunity to compete directly with the i-phone market and AT&T.  Are you that inept?

Journeyman

For those of you who will remain with Sprint they do plan on carrying this toaster sized beast some time next year.   Hopefully you enjoy wearing cargo or parachute pants  - Hammer Time!   Can't touch this (don't want to either).

Journeyman

There were about 10 new WP7 phones released today and the only one Sprint said they plan on carrying can double as a boat anchor.  You could also use the Sprint Pro model to prop open a rolling cage door in case you need to slide under and steal some precious art work.   The Samsung Omnia 7 doesn't look shabby either -

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's a quote from CNET, Sprint couldn't get Windows Phone 7 now because WP7 doesn't support CDMA just yet, which is why Verizon isn't a launch partner either.

“We had to make some trade-offs,” senior product manager Greg Sullivan told CNET. “Even Microsoft doesn’t have unlimited resources. We had to prioritize doing fewer things, really, really well.”

“For the worldwide market, the vast majority of phones are GSM phones, so we focused on GSM first and then plan to deliver an update that will have great CDMA support in the first half of 2011,” Sullivan said. “That’s device availability in the first half and we’re very confident of that. That’s probably a conservative estimate.”

“Look, we could do more things, or we could do fewer things really, really well. We chose intentionally to do fewer things really, really well. We absolutely have to build that quality first and then we have to quickly achieve reach and scale,” he said

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.