cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

I've given up on Sprint every doing anything that would be helpful or even good for their own business.   I'm going over to Verizon to the the Trophy.   Although the Trophy only has a slightly larger screen than the Arrive, it is a world phone and is much slimmer than the Arrive.   I also save about $800 by going to verizon than upgrading my current Sprint plan to an everything plan with enough minutes for landline calling.   I've been with Sprint a decade now but I've had it with their crappy phone selection, high prices and worthless customer service.   I may end up switching to an iphone 5 when it comes out on Verizon (another thing that you probably won't see on Sprint).   This thread was started a year ago - if they didn't take our advice a year ago before the selection of WP7 phones was available and try to get a good WP7 for their customers, I wouldn't hold my breath thinking they are suddenly going to pick it up.   However considering that the phone is a year old - who knows - Sprint does like to sell outdated phone technology.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Can a mod please lock this thread, so folks aren't grave digging a topic that has long been settled?

kthxbai

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Yes - for heavens sake, let's not have any threads that encourage Sprint to get better phones - let's only have threads that sing praises to Sprint and their oustanding selection of phones.    We should also close all threads that encourage Sprint to have more plans so that they can compete with other carriers.   Whatever you do, don't tell the emperor that he has no clothes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow! This is sweet. I really like HTC as a maker and the Windows phones are very slick and functional for a business user. I foresee lots of defection from Blackberry users for this device. Keep up the good work Sprint/HTC/Microsoft.

Highlighted
Journeyman

PLEASE GIVE ME A BETTER OPTION THAN THE ARRIVE. IT IS SAD. BEEN DYING FOR A WP7 DEVICE AND ONLY ONE TO CHOOSE FROM IN OVER A YEAR....PATHETIC. I AM A ABOUT A MONTH AWAY FROM A NEW CARRIER

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I would agree that the Arrive is not the coolest WP7 phone, no doubt, but I don't think it is that terrible either.  I also agree that it would not be the phone I would choose other then it was WP7.  I know others that have moved to AT&T to get a better hardware device, but they also have calls dropped more frequently then they had on Sprint.  These are technical guys and when they say they are dropped more, I believe them -- they have no stake in the "better carrier" game.

BUT, I completely agree that Sprint should offer more types of WP7 phones, completely agree!  That has been and is very annoying.  I hope they get over whatever infatuation they have with the Droid devices..  The new Mango update is getting some great reviews -- WP7 is really sweet.  Better UI then Droids.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I’m a software developer, have developed mobile apps as well. Bought my Arrive when it arrived and glad I didn’t wait. It’s a very very good phone, classy, maybe the only one with the angled keyboard.

Would like Sprint to pay more attention to the platform and in time I think all will. Yet if you want WM7 with a large screen, not so large it’s awkward, and you want to stay with Sprint’s better service and prices there’s no reason to wait. This is a very good phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I said that I might not pick the Arrive but I cannot honestly say I'd pick something else either, so that may not have been fair to say.  Overall, I do like my Arrive and definately WP7.  Looking forward to the Mango update!  I essentially agree with you KCovert6. 

I still believe that Sprint should offer at least one other WP7 device to choose from, depending on the type of user..

Highlighted
Journeyman

MyPicture.jpgI have been a sprint customer for over 12 years currently operating the the HTC EVO 4g. I am convinced that will be going with Windows 7 Mango version when it arrives. I did own the HTC Touch Pro 2 but since their was no upgrade path to Windows 7, I moved to the EVO 4g on the strength of its hardware. I now demand the best hardware to support the best O/S. I expect Sprint to offer this caliber of device as an example; the level of or better "HD3, Samsung Galaxy S II or the EVO 4g" with the Windows 7 Mango O/S. I'd rather not shop a new carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Big screen Windows Phone on Sprint please. I gave up my EVO to try Windows Phone on the only device available, the Arrive. My family now has three of them. The Arrive is a great phone phone but I actually don't use the physical keyboard that often and I do miss the big EVO screen. HTC, Nokia, whatever -- I just want a device with a big screen and Windows Phone 7 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is way overdue for a new WP7 handset.  I don't much care what brand, as long as it has good hardware to fully enjoy all windows has to offer. 

Pretty please!!!!!! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

You and I my friend are in the exact same boat.  I'm also a 12 plus year member with an Evo and I'm looking for a new WP7 options on Sprint.  Let's hope they are listening. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat