cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Journeyman

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Unfortunatley, they just announced two new (damn) Android phones - and NO new Windows Phones! If they aren't going to provide this option in the future, then I think those of us who have an Arrive and want WP7 operating system should be allowed to get out of our contracts at no cost and go elsewhere.

Journeyman

Over 10 years with Sprint and I am tired of the weak selection of  phones. Listen up Sprint we need new Windows Phones Now.

Journeyman

I agree 100%.  I want the Nokia Lumia 900, Titan2,  Focus 2.... Something anything.

Journeyman

I'm in.  Was hoping to hear a new WP announced at CES that will come out around the time to upgrade but it's doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon

Journeyman

I was also hoping that they would announce a new WP7 device, but it didn't happen. Oh well, they still have CTIA, which is usually more of Sprint's game anyway, as well as Mobile World Congress. There is still time, and Nokia did make a point to say that they are getting back into CDMA networks, so hopefully they can bring that beautiful Lumia 900 to Sprint. ME WANT!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

At the very least Sprint could do to hold us over is give us visual voicemail, hotspot, and be current on the updates which I know we all want.  Disappearing keyboard has been fixed and only waiting on Sprint to supply us with it.  This is arguably the best OS with Sprint right now and they seem to belittle the WP users.  Tough to continue to sell this OS if the only phone they have is the Arrive which is much bulkier that most phones.  I know there are people out there who say "cool features, but that phone is too big" and then purchase a compact iPhone, etc.  Give us more choices.  I just read on WpCentral.com that Lumia is also exclusive to ATT at the Microsoft Store.  This is getting ridiculous.

Journeyman

I agree with everyone posting here.  I keep posting every couple months.  I had a friend show me an Android phone via Virgin Mobile.  It was a nice phone w/o a contract.  Now, I like my Windows Phones and will stick with them, but my point is that the contract lock-ins suck.  Been with Sprint so long it is hard to separate w/o costing some bucks!  I do want more choices for Win Phones.

Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Sprint is lead at times, first with 4G but is moving to LTE now, kind of a burn for moving too fast? The thing is less than 5% currently use the new Windows Mobile 7 phones. You can't blame Sprint for going where the money is right now. If you have developed mobile software and know like I do Windows Mobile 7.5 is best you have to help changes things by getting the word out. I rarely past up the opportunity to tell people why it's the best phone OS today when they give me an opening. So you can say that but what if you need to back it up? Here are some talking points as to why...

XBox integration (best-selling game platform on the planet)

Office integration (best-selling office suite on the planet)

Social integration (others do but not as comprehensively as WM7.5 Mango)

Hubs (part of the OS design, active logical hubs, those perpetually updating titles)

Cross Platform, (this is coming with Windows 8, so on your phone, PC, and tablet you leverage your investments both from the future and past)

Multi Form Factors, (with iPhone you have only a hardware config that Apple provides, yes yes Sprint's not here)

Advanced support for HTML5 and Silverlight (Simply means apps get much more wow factor, Silverlight > Flash, fastest FPS HTML5 rendering)

Most email account types integration

Most of all it's NOT Windows Mobile 6.5 (so few understand it's a whole new OS and that's dogging the platform now)

The mobile landscape is fluid and you can bet it will look a lot different in the future than it does now.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/features/1039596/why_you_should_get_a_windows_phone_7_mango_smartphone...

If Sprint got a new WM7 phone today my vote be for this http://www.geekwire.com/2012/ces-htc-titan-ii-windows-phone-boasts-16mp-camera

Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2398768,00.asp

Doesnt Sound like a new phone anytime soon. 

Journeyman

Sprint just finally showed their colors regarding Windows Phone.  They order the Arrive which wihle a good phone is not the best looking of the first gen WP7 models.  Then they complain about it's sales and blame customers returning it based on poor user experience.  USER EXPERIENCE?? Are you freaking kidding me?  Sprints own website has it rated I think 4 1/2 out of 5 stars and you say people complained about user experience?  The clients you usually hear from are the ones who don't like a product.  They are the most vocal.  Yet out of 262 ratings the phone has a near perfect rating.  Thank you, now I know it's time to jump ship and get the 900 with ATT when it comes out. 

Here is the article if you don't believe me.  http://wmpoweruser.com/sprint-blames-htc-arrive-sales-performance-returns-on-user-experience-may-be-...

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.