cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

Journeyman

Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

OK, looking through the comments in other sites, the VP of devices says they aren't really happy with the sales and I can understand that.  They've done nothing to advertise it and, I'll even bash Microsoft for putting out a device that had a limited OS in the beginning that really didn't grow wings and become a contender until Mango.  Even then there is need for improvement and features.  But, that will come in time.  Even iOS and Droid didn't really hit the gates running.  I log onto my Spring account and see pretty much nothing but positive remarks for teh phone and higher ratings than most other phones, including iPhone.  What I cannot seem to find is the option for me to rate and ad comments anywhere on my webpage/account.  My only options are to shop for other phones or pay my bill or read about the features on my Arrive, which I'm pretty certain I know more about than most other people at the local Sprint store.

It's my opinion that Sprint isn't interested in the WP7 phones simply because they just don't want to be.

Journeyman

I did not read through all the posts so please forgive me if this has been said before. TAKE IT TO TWITTER AND FACEBOOK. These forums are great but Sprint is betting on what is popular right now and that is Android and iPhone. Unfortunatly they are still in the bad position of have a limited slection of phones to choose from when compared to AT&T and Verizon. I am a long time customer and I have 3 HTC Arrive phones and they work great! BUT I see now that I really do not need the keyboard and would llike to move to a big screen Windows Phone like the HTC Titan 2 or 3 or whatever... I dont think it is too much to ask to have 1 new Windows Phone on Sprint this year. If the voice of this forum is not loud enough to convince Sprint then take the message out to Twitter and Facebook... if there are really too few of us to matter then Sprint has nothing to loose, but if there are enough of us saying the same thing then they will have no choice but to listen. I don't want to go back to Android and I never left Sprint for the iPhone... COME ON SPRINT... IS ONE MORE PHONE GOING TO BREAK THE BANK?

Journeyman

Everyone I created a facebook page for the petition check it out. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sprint-Windows-Phone-Petition/233098660099425

Journeyman

Thanks D,will do some re-posting tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

great idea there with the Facebook page - but I'd suggest to remove antagonistic comment ("Not Now Network") - I think if we treat everyone with respect we'll have better results.

Also, you should link to the other petition initiative: http://signon.org/sign/wp7-on-sprint.fb1?source=s.fb&r_by=1959438

Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

I will be glad when Sprint gets more Windows phones! I've already had family and friends leave because of lack of Windows phones. I'm tryin to hang in there, because Ive had Sprint service for over 10 years. I have a back up AT&T Windows phone now, but want to drop it at the end of the contract, hoping Sprint will step up!! If not...well, I guess I have to move on, I hope not!! I've had every Android phone I believe from the best to the lower end, and none of them compare to the Windows 7!! Even without some of the features that Android has, I still choose Windows 7. Android always starts out good, but eventually end up as garbage. All the open apps, the force closing, the sluggishness, dropped calls, lack of space, and just down right overall unreliable! I didn't care too much for the Windows 6 series, but Microsoft really stepped their game up with the Windows 7! Great job guys! Such an awesome OS! I even like it soo much better than the IPhone I used to have, nothing can compare to me...

Journeyman

Re: Petition for HD3/WP7 phone on Sprint NOW!!!!!!! - not a year from now - please post

I would not hold out much hope for many, if any, newer Windows phones.  I'm sure there will be one to come when Windows Phone 8 comes out.  But, Sprint/Nextel, have never been fans and supporters of Windows in the past compared to any other platform, their support has been nearly non-existant.

If you want a newer windows phone and want a bigger selection, you are going to have to move on to another service.  Sprint will never have more than one or two and of those, they will probably not be one of the upper level units.

Journeyman

I'd love to see more WP at sprint!  The OS is very simple and clean.  I think it will start to catch on when WP8 is released.

Journeyman

Yes not a good WM phone history ever. I posted this link on the Facebook page http://wmpoweruser.com/sprintfeed-confirms-sprint-lte-windows-phone-8-phone-in-the-works/

Journeyman

I just switched to AT&T!  I got a Lumia 900 ($99) and a Lumia 800 (free from MS).  They gave me $100.00 towards accessories also, so I got a cool shell, SkullCandy Headphones and a car charger.  The Lumia is incredible.  Even iPhone guys at work think it is nice (never thought I'd see the day).  My son loves his Lumia 800, but I'd definately get the larger 900...  I'm glad I switched.  I am going to have to pay penalties though, but I just could not take it anymore..  Sprint has a HUGE investment in iPhones (they paid a fortune for the honor to sell them).  They don't have an interest in selling Windows Phones - I would not hold out.  They might get another model of Windows Phone but I bet it won't be the Lumia 900...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat