cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support WP7, Sprint!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Support WP7, Sprint!!

The Arrive is the best phone I've ever had! The Arrive gets a STELLAR review on Sprint's own site. Yet WP Central has several articles on Sprints poo-poo'ing of the whole Windows 7 Phone experience!! THIS IS AN AWESOME PHONE, and one WP Central article said that OTHER Windows7 Phones have had THREE updates since the last one for the Arrive. Here's my Facebook rant on it:

Found this while looking up "HTC Arrive tethering." Sprint begrudgingly supports WP7, Sprint Director of Product Development (Lois Fagan) sites a lack of customer enthusiasm and asks Microsoft to step up in THEIR advertisement. BUT, scroll down for the Arrive MASSIVE **SUPER** RATING!! What gives, Sprint?!?!? I'd like my tethering now, please.

http://www.wpcentral.com/sprint-not-too-enthusiastic-windows-phones

Sprint!!! HTC!!! A fat pile of satisifed customers doesn't lie!!  Support WP7 before your customers no longer support Sprint!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Support WP7, Sprint!!

I agree, I really like the Arrive but Sprints lack of WP7 love has me thinking about a nice new Nokia Lumia 900 on that other network.

Journeyman

I've been with Spring for 12 years!! I HAVE liked Sprint,and remained fairly loyal there (with 5 out of 6 of my family on the plan!!). That's a lot of money ... are you listening Sprint??  My last remaining son would like a Windows Phone too, but I'm thinking it may be time to start jumping ship (for a non Verizon other carrier; Verizon just discontinued "unlimited data" in favor of a tiered plan, ugh).

Hey Sprint. Show me the love!

(And start with tethering, okay)?

Journeyman

Yeah, I've tried to stay faithful to Sprint as long as I can, but they are essentially forcing me out the door.

Sprint's Data maybe unlimited, but it's virtually unreachable in my area, despite them having the hardware sitting in a warehouse ready to install to resolve their overloaded network issue. So

Every other carrier has multiple WP7 phones to choose from. Sprint has one.

Every other carrier updates their WP7 phones. Sprint has done it once, and left us high and dry and now 2-3 versions behind. My phone becomes virtually unusable at times because the keyboard keeps going away. Sometimes faster than I can type a single character and I'll have to bring back the keyboard 10 or more times just to type a simple message.

Despite an obvious amount enthusiasm, support and customer satisfaction, they refuse to recognize it because they are forced to deal with their rediculous over purchase of iPhones.

I some how doubt they are going to bother with WP8 phones either.

If they can bring a WP8 phone with a 4+" screen, I might consider staying. But otherwise, I'm out and Sprint can kiss that money good bye.

Journeyman

I'm a 16 year subscriber to Sprint with 4 phones on my account, and I've about had it with the single phone choice for Windows. It isn't kept up to date, it has typical v1 issues which have not been addressed, and it's beginning to fail on me to the point that I cannot even get a charging cable to seat properly in order to charge the battery. I need a new phone, want a WP, and my only option? Purchase yet another of the same old tired almost 2-year old technology?? Really, Sprint? So my only option is to take my business elsewhere? Is Sprint's main source of income these days collecting ETFs?

So disappointed...

Journeyman

Appears that some carriers are rolling out Tango MR3.  I hope Sprint updates our phones to include tethering and remove the disapearing keyboard and/or the redirected cursor when physical keyboards is out.

Journeyman

I read somewhere that the Windows Phone 7.8 will go out to all existing phones including 1st generation phones like the Arrive. Of course, we were also supposed to get all of the other updates too.

The lack of feedback from Sprint wouldn't surprise me so much until I stop to realize that this is actually a Sprint sponsored website just for that purpose.

Journeyman

I would not call it the best phone I have ever had but I do like WP7.  I also have 4 phones and am currently waiting for my contract to expire so I can go to a provider that actually supports the Windows phone.  I would also like to get a phone where tethering supported.  I bought this phone for internet access and if I go camping I wanted to have the ability to connect my laptop to the internet.  Since I am network support for many customers this is a very important ability.  Since I only need to do this rarely it does not makes sense to purchase a WiFi hotspot device.  That is rediculous. I will just need to go where I can get actual support.

I have been a Sprint/Nextel customer for about 15 years.  That WILL change after this mess.

Journeyman

Yep. I'm done with Sprint as soon as my contract is up. I'll take my phone, my wife's, 3 more family members, and 3 more potential customers and do my business elsewhere. Furthermore, I'm done recommending Sprint to anyone and will actually warn them. I used to care that Sprint was around. Now I'll be able to enjoy watching the ship sink from shore rather than being on it.

Journeyman

Yup, they can take that to the bank!!!

Journeyman

I've been with Sprint/Nextel for 9 years...and was very happy with my Windows Mobile phones, and when I made the switch to Window Phone...i was impressed...even though bummed about the lack of tethering and other features...but even today...the Arrive is a great device. I just called Sprint to see how much my contract buyout is...since they have no Windows Phone 8 devices scheduled for this fall. I'll likely wait to see what Windows Phone 7.8 brings...and if it's not enough, then I'll just bail on Sprint and go to ATT for a nice Nokia device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat