Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to pre-order the Arrive, but store employees were clueless

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Tried to pre-order the Arrive, but store employees were clueless

Went into my local corporate Sprint store today and asked about pre-ordering the Arrive. I got a look of confusion. The first person I spoke with hadn't heard of the phone.

He turned around and asked another employee about it. His response was, "We're not taking pre-orders for that phone, because when it's released they're going to send us enough for anyone who wants one."

I told them about the website sprint.com/arrive, and the guy said, "Yeah, you can just pre-order online and then pick it up here when it launches." I informed him that the website says to come into a store to pre-order. It was then that the first guy said, "Let me see if our manager is here." He got on the phone and spoke to someone for a little while, mentioning the website. He came back, asked me for my name and phone number, and put me on the in-store waiting list to be helped.

I waited for about 10 minutes until I was called over to a young lady. I walked up and said, "I'd like to pre-order the Arrive." She took my name and number again, asked me to wait and then walked into the back. As she was gone I contemplated leaving and just waiting to purchase from Best Buy on the 20th. When she returned she said that right now they were not taking pre-orders because they had not yet gotten any instruction from Sprint on how to start the pre-order list. She did say that they had a demo device in the store (which I asked to see, but to no avail) and would be training on the device soon. She told me that the manager would keep my information (which she had written on a pink post-it note) and call me when they knew what to do.

I know I'm not the only person to get such a response from stores throughout the country. Anybody from Sprint want to comment on this? Is it the store manager, or Sprint themselves not disseminating information on what the pre-order process is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Musicman- I apologize if my reply was ambiguous or insulting.  I was attempting to say, "Yep, you're right, you did everything we asked you to and we screwed up."  Sorry if that didn't come through the first time. I'm working with the Retail team to close the gap so we can fix the issue.  I also forwarded on the store number so thanks for that.  Stay tuned for more as I learn it.  Thanks again for your loyalty and for bringing the issue to light. -art

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing happened to me, except no one said there would be plenty of them available.  An associate and a manager said, essentially, that they had no idea why I would come in to preorder a phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife had a similar experience at a store around here.  Sprint, you really need to get this stuff together.  I like Android and my EVO but I think WP7 is going to take over.  Google just doesn't create a nice polished product.  Microsoft can provide what people want, what makes the iPhone so popular, Microsoft can produce a nice polished OS and the hardware manufacturers are making quality hardware.  Bring some of the great devices to Sprint like you did with the EVO.  Even if you are afraid to put WiMAX in any more devices at least put out a quality 3g phone and do your LTE conversion and move on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No change in this status... called both local Sprint Stores and both sound confused about what the HTC Arrive even is and neither are taking preorders.

One says: "Usually the way preorders work is that we sell you a giftcard and put your name on a list... but we don't have any giftcards right now." Ever think about stocking your stores with Giftcards and informing them about preorder campaigns that are listed on you own site Sprint?

The other says: "We're closing on the 20th and merging with another location (the one that doesn't have giftcards of course)"

This is just sad really... think I may just ride out my contract and weigh my options at that point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing here.  I went to a local Sprint store today after work to pre-order the HTC Arrive and was told that the corporate locations don't take pre-orders of anykind.  I was advised to try a non-corporate location which I was told was a listing on the Sprint site that doesn't have all the services checked off.  Can't burn up gas trying to visit different Sprint locations for a phone.  It's 2011, why can't we simply pre-order online?  Would make life much easier and customers much happier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing happened to me! The manager just said he found out about the phone 2 days before, which was March 3rd. He could not get into the system. He just wrote my number on a reciept and said he would call me. its a shame because there isalot of hype about the prodecut from customers. But Sprint just seems to jumble it all up .

Highlighted
Journeyman

pre ordered from amazon.com for $149 no tax no mail in rebate junk

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can only get the few plans they have at amazon wireless, correct?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think u can change that when u activate your phone.in my case I chose "upgrade my phone under existing sprint customers"

give amazon a call.877-429-8502

it sucks to pay tax on $250 when u buy the phone then you have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for mail in rebate.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi, Art here from the Premier team.  Thanks for making us aware of this issue in the stores.  I'll pass along these experiences to the Retail team to ensure the stores are aware of the pre-order process.  Per the www.sprint.com/arrive site, you can pre-order the phone by going into a Retail store (make sure it's a company-owned store, not a dealer) and get on a wait list by purchasing a $50 gift card that is applicable toward the purchase of an HTC Arrive after the phone launches on March 20.

Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for letting us know!  -at

Highlighted
Journeyman

SP_ARTLOVESKC wrote:

Hi, Art here from the Premier team.  Thanks for making us aware of this issue in the stores.  I'll pass along these experiences to the Retail team to ensure the stores are aware of the pre-order process.  Per the www.sprint.com/arrive site, you can pre-order the phone by going into a Retail store (make sure it's a company-owned store, not a dealer) and get on a wait list by purchasing a $50 gift card that is applicable toward the purchase of an HTC Arrive after the phone launches on March 20.

Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for letting us know!  -at

Art,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our question.

The store I went to identified themselves as a Sprint Corporate Store (I asked several times) and sold only Sprint phones and accessories. Store #448 in Weslaco, TX if that helps narrow it down.

I was told that the store did not have any gift cards, and that the manager was waiting on instructions on how to take pre-orders for the phone.

My information was written on a pink post-it note that had other information as well. I have still not received a call about pre-ordering the device, even though I was told that I would get a call once the manager knew how to take a pre-order for the device.

None of the staff knew about the device, and no one knew about the website sprint.com/arrive either.

I can only assume (since there are several more accounts in this thread) that word did not make it out to all of the Corporate Sprint stores about the pre-order.

Meanwhile, wireless.amazon.com is letting people pre-order the Arrive for only $149 ($50 off the Sprint price).

I appreciate the gesture of you replying to this thread, but please read through the thread before replying and insulting the intelligence of those posting. We did everything Sprint told us to do to pre-order the device, and were each turned away at the door.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RBARTET wrote:

You can only get the few plans they have at amazon wireless, correct?

Correct. I just called Amazon Wireless and they said that when you order through them for an upgrade you have to either have an account that Sprint is offering, or change your plan to a current Sprint plan.

So if you're on SERO Premium you cannot order from Amazon Wireless.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat