Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to pre-order the Arrive, but store employees were clueless

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Tried to pre-order the Arrive, but store employees were clueless

Went into my local corporate Sprint store today and asked about pre-ordering the Arrive. I got a look of confusion. The first person I spoke with hadn't heard of the phone.

He turned around and asked another employee about it. His response was, "We're not taking pre-orders for that phone, because when it's released they're going to send us enough for anyone who wants one."

I told them about the website sprint.com/arrive, and the guy said, "Yeah, you can just pre-order online and then pick it up here when it launches." I informed him that the website says to come into a store to pre-order. It was then that the first guy said, "Let me see if our manager is here." He got on the phone and spoke to someone for a little while, mentioning the website. He came back, asked me for my name and phone number, and put me on the in-store waiting list to be helped.

I waited for about 10 minutes until I was called over to a young lady. I walked up and said, "I'd like to pre-order the Arrive." She took my name and number again, asked me to wait and then walked into the back. As she was gone I contemplated leaving and just waiting to purchase from Best Buy on the 20th. When she returned she said that right now they were not taking pre-orders because they had not yet gotten any instruction from Sprint on how to start the pre-order list. She did say that they had a demo device in the store (which I asked to see, but to no avail) and would be training on the device soon. She told me that the manager would keep my information (which she had written on a pink post-it note) and call me when they knew what to do.

I know I'm not the only person to get such a response from stores throughout the country. Anybody from Sprint want to comment on this? Is it the store manager, or Sprint themselves not disseminating information on what the pre-order process is?

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Journeyman

did u try to order the phone from wirefly.com,or amazon.com? both are selling the phone for $150 with no mail in rebate.plus wirefly is selling the phone for $50 for new sprint members.

in my case amazon.com did't work in my case and I didn't even bother to call them.then I tried wirefly.com and everything went ok.just waiting for the device to be shipped

Highlighted
Journeyman

My pre-order went off without a hitch yesterday at the other store in Lyndhurst, OH #252431 thanks to Feras for knowing how to handle the pre-order process.  If you contacted the store before my arrival Ms. Cole thanks to you to.  Now I just have to wait until the 20th.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called the Beachwood, OH store #845 for sticks and giggles just to see if they had the stuff together and of course they did not.  Called talked to a Rachel and was told they were not taking pre-orders and it would be first come first serve.  That location is such a waste, that's why I don't like going there nobody has a clue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't know if you guys heard yet, but if you're a premier customer, you can order the HTC Arrive online from Sprint now until the 20th.  I got the email today and went through the process once I got home without any issues.  If you're a premier customer and want to pre-order this without having to travel to a store, hit 'em up at http://a676.g.akamaitech.net/f/676/773/60m/images.delivery.net/cm50content/1529/enews/HTC_ARRIVE_FTA....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will it be shipped overnight?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The online pre-order is cool, but, if we order it today it won't get here until Monday at the earliest unless there is overnight delivery like ALPHAXI3 said. If they would do Saturday delivery it would show up a day early, otherwise, it's going to be a day after the in store release at the soonest. I do whish this option was posted before the weekend because I'd have gone for it in a heartbeat. I didn't see it on the 17th, it would have been tempting to see if we'd get it today. As it stands, the in-store option seems to be the only way to get it in hand before Monday and maybe later depending on who delivers to your place.

If you got an order in early enough to see it at your doorstep today that's pretty cool, I wish I'd have been able to do the same. It's still looking like Sunday for me. I guess that's not a bad thing since I still need to get a lot of work done and I'd be sitting here wasting time playing with the phone if I had it early.

Highlighted
Journeyman

did u pay sale tax on the $300 or on the $200 after mail in rebate?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This thread made a difference that a few of us have noticed and I have to say I'm impressed by the response from the Sprint team. I just got a call from the manager at my local store and I will be going to the store to pick up my Arrive which he has set aside for me. I am a person who can certainly hold a grudge, I haven't been in a Nissan parking lot for about 15 years because of an experience with them, but the talk with the manager was very positive and I'm actually willing to give it another try. Thanks to Musicman for getting this going and thank you to Sprint for showing us that customers actually do matter, this is a true example of some good coming out of a bad situation.

*edit: If you guys really want to ice the cake, you can let him sell it to me today... he just needs an email (no harm in trying)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, wish I would get a call. It's been over two weeks and I still haven't heard a peep from my local store.  I think Sprint should allow those of us who haved voiced our stories to purchase the Arrive early. If a manager called me and said I could buy one today, there would be no stopping me. I would be in the Sprint within the half hour.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad this is slowly getting resolved. What store are you having issues with? We are contacting them directly and informing them about the waitlist. Thanks for your patience!

Lisa Cole

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no call or word from my store 1467. Side question. Why is the Arrive still not on Sprint's main website. I know there is sprint.com/arrive. But you already have to know the link. Heck even the sill Echo is being featured on the front page

Highlighted
Wizard

RBARTET- Please send me a PM with your account number or phone number and I'll ensure your store's manager gets ahold of you.  Sorry about that.  As for the question on the Arrive, it is considered a niche phone since few consumers have Windows mobile nationwide. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat