Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to pre-order the Arrive, but store employees were clueless

Go to solution
Journeyman

Tried to pre-order the Arrive, but store employees were clueless

Went into my local corporate Sprint store today and asked about pre-ordering the Arrive. I got a look of confusion. The first person I spoke with hadn't heard of the phone.

He turned around and asked another employee about it. His response was, "We're not taking pre-orders for that phone, because when it's released they're going to send us enough for anyone who wants one."

I told them about the website sprint.com/arrive, and the guy said, "Yeah, you can just pre-order online and then pick it up here when it launches." I informed him that the website says to come into a store to pre-order. It was then that the first guy said, "Let me see if our manager is here." He got on the phone and spoke to someone for a little while, mentioning the website. He came back, asked me for my name and phone number, and put me on the in-store waiting list to be helped.

I waited for about 10 minutes until I was called over to a young lady. I walked up and said, "I'd like to pre-order the Arrive." She took my name and number again, asked me to wait and then walked into the back. As she was gone I contemplated leaving and just waiting to purchase from Best Buy on the 20th. When she returned she said that right now they were not taking pre-orders because they had not yet gotten any instruction from Sprint on how to start the pre-order list. She did say that they had a demo device in the store (which I asked to see, but to no avail) and would be training on the device soon. She told me that the manager would keep my information (which she had written on a pink post-it note) and call me when they knew what to do.

I know I'm not the only person to get such a response from stores throughout the country. Anybody from Sprint want to comment on this? Is it the store manager, or Sprint themselves not disseminating information on what the pre-order process is?

53 REPLIES 53
Journeyman

Well, we can add one more snag to this, unfortunately.

I just called my local store (#448)  and asked if they were already selling the Arrive. They said no, so I asked when they would be selling it. The lady asked me to hold. I did, and when she came back she said, "We don't know when we're going to sell it." I told her that the Sprint website stated it would go on sale this Sunday. She said, "Maybe it will go on sale on the website on Sunday, but not here." When I asked why, she said, "because we don't have any to sell."

So, I guess I won't even be able to purchase this phone when it goes on sale!

Journeyman

I think they know its you who is getting them in trouble and are just mad.  Boy talk about being childish, getting mad at someone else because they don't take the time to do their job and read company procedures. 

Journeyman

Can you email me your personal info at lisa.cole@sprint.com? I will take care of this for you. I am SO sorry this is happening. We launch nationally in all channels on Sunday. There is no reason why this store doesn't have inventory. Thank you again for your patience!

Lisa Cole

Journeyman

Wow! I want to thank Lisa Cole as much as one person can thank another.

Lisa, you went above and beyond what was necessary to really rectify this situation. Whatever may be happening in my local store, I know that Sprint as a company is trying to do the right thing and make sure their customers are satisfied. And I am definitely a satisfied customer!

Thank you Lisa and Art for all you've done throughout this ordeal.

Journeyman

Somebody got their phone.  LOL

Journeyman

mine will be here the 22ed from wirefly.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat