cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update (or plans for one) by April 1st or moving to new carrier

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years and until recently have always been happy.  Things started going sour with the $5 Account Spending Limit fee, followed by the $10 Premium Data fee, then the end of Sprint Premier.  Now I have a phone, HTC Arrive, which they seem completely uninterested in providing any continued support for. 

All I ask is that Sprint either a) push the updates needed to fix existing problems, or b) atleast provide and announcement of any planned actions regarding updates with a planned timeline.  On April 1st I will be considering leaving for a new carrier if Sprint is not interested in providing the courtesy of some sort of update/announcement.

Come on Sprint, a little communication goes a long way!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Or at least just tell us you no longer plan on supporting this phone so we know and can move on if we wish to.

Journeyman

Agreed, and don't try to sell us on a iPhone or Android. I don't want to go back a decade...

Journeyman

*crickets*

I sthis thing on? Any Sprint reps out there care to comments?

Journeyman

Re: Update (or plans for one) by April 1st or moving to new carrier

Microsoft testing Windows Phone 8 with dual-core Snapdragon S4 for Sprint?

Maybe there is hope.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/29/2830246/windows-phone-8-dual-core-qualcomm-sprint

Journeyman

I was due to upgrade and between the nonsense fees, 10 extras ect I have decided to start looking for another service.  I have been a customer for over 6 years myself and now feel this company is no longer playing straight.  Why in the world would I allow them to have access to my bank account?  They keep changing the game everytime you turn around. 

Journeyman

Today, T-Mobile began rolling out WP7 update 8107.  This update included the 7740 update, which we still haven't received, and an update from HTC.  Will we be left behind?

Come one Sprint, 13 more days until April 1st!  Give me a reason to stay, because you are giving me more and more reasons to leave.

Journeyman

I wish I knew about sprint now charging to update or switch to a smart phone before I changed to this windows junk from my blackberry junk. I would've just kept mu Blackberry junk. I was told that if I upgrade my son's line to the iPhone he wants I will be charged an addition $10 for a smart phone after having smart phones on my line since 2009. The straight talk is looking real good right now!

Journeyman

Less than a week left until April 1st and I haven't read any news on Sprint providing updates.  Are we supposed to all wait until WP8 arrives then jump to the new phone.  Why should I if they don't seem to care about supporting this device.  Even T-Mobile and Dell (of all companies) provided the 8107 update for their phones.

I find this all appalling.

Journeyman

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wouldn't mind having to drop Sprint and go to AT&T for the Lumia 900, but with recent news that AT&T wouldn't be delivering the 8107 update to their current phones (Gen 1 and 2 Windows Phones, prior to upcoming Titan 2 and Lumia 900), that leaves me in a similar place to how I am here on Sprint. At least AT&T has the balls to say they wouldn't be delivering the update. With Sprint, I'm left in the air wondering.. I'm sticking around due to lower monthly bills and a nice discount thru my job. With the hopeful news of a Windows Phone 8 device coming to Sprint later this year, it gives me a sliver of hope but I'd like to at least hear SOMETHING. Today marks exactly one year since I got my HTC Arrive and Sprint had me proud with the release of Mango. Since then, it's been a giant lull. I'd think that security and bug fixes (disappearing keyboard!) would be a priority.

Come on, Sprint... give us SOMETHING. Even if you've given up on Windows Phone until the fall, please continue to support your ONLY Windows device in a timely manner until then. There are a lot of us, and at this point for your company it's worthwhile to not shoot yourselves in the foot further.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat