cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to OS 7.8. Sprint please dont leave Arrive users behind for too long.

Journeyman

Re: Update to OS 7.8. Sprint please dont leave Arrive users behind for too long.

Did it and it worked great, thanks a million.

Journeyman

Re: Update to OS 7.8. Sprint please dont leave Arrive users behind for too long.

It is Tuesday night here in the US.  Only 1 day left of the MWC.  Nokia announced new phones yesterday, but nothing yet from Sprint.  Hmm....

You said I was wrong about a lot, and then went on to speculate about the future.  You speculate that Sprint will change their ways and support Windows Phone 8, but you have no evidence to backup your speculation.  Hmm...

I listed several items other than just the tiles in 7.8, but you claimed only the tiles are new.  Hmmm....

Not sure how you got Mango (7.5), but I recall that I had to force the update on my phone.  My wife never got it because I didn't see the need to force update hers.  I did update her phone to 7.8, though, without any help from Sprint.  Hmmm....

You told me "good luck" in monitoring my data with AT&T, and that I'll have to fight over charges.  I'm not certain, but I believe Nokia includes a tool to monitor my monthly data use.  I do know for certain that I've been fighting with Sprint for almost 2 years about their outrageous and bogus "Premium Data Fee", which was a new charge that didn't give me any more data, nor did it make my data "premium".  It only raised my monthly bill, and I got nothing from Sprint other than a larger bill each month.  Hmmmm...

I'll deal in facts.  You can deal in fantasy, conjecture, speculation, and rumors.

You should update to 7.8 if you have an Arrive.

I know where the door is, and I've got my eye on it.

Journeyman

1.) It is Tuesday night here in the US.  Only 1 day left of the MWC.  Nokia announced new phones yesterday, but nothing yet from Sprint.  Hmm....

Yup! your wrong again! look below the dates of MWC event. So for your info Mobile World Congress is NOT 1 day event left. MWC events runs from Feb 25 to 28th, So yes not over yet and even thou if Sprint don't announce it MWC at least we know if will still come to sprint this sunmmer lol....

logo_new.png

2.) You said I was wrong about a lot, and then went on to speculate about the future.  You speculate that Sprint will change their ways and support Windows Phone 8, but you have no evidence to backup your speculation.  Hmm...

I have many evidence and hello wake up why would sprint post it on there blog page that it is coming and will have HTC and Samsung windows phone 8 models. Read Sprint Announcement ---> http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2486

I don't need to speculate of the future as many info on the web already confirms this. Google it. hahahah here's a start copy and paste this link -->

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=sprint+windows+8+phone+release+date&oq=sprint+wind&gs_...

I listed several items other than just the tiles in 7.8, but you claimed only the tiles are new.  Hmmm....

hahaha No i did not say tiles are new. I was saying you will not get many of the windows 8 features when you update to 7.8 due to the hardware. Also read this maybe this will tell you why i don't need update my phone to 7.8 I rather get a new windows phone 8 and have all the advance features. Updating to windows phone 7.8 is just hollow, pointless, and essentially useless. Again read this ---> http://www.osnews.com/story/26750

Not sure how you got Mango (7.5), but I recall that I had to force the update on my phone.  My wife never got it because I didn't see the need to force update hers.  I did update her phone to 7.8, though, without any help from Sprint.  Hmmm....

I dont know where you where when sprint annouced they have the Mango 7.5 update for people to upgrade avaiable. For me i updated my windows phone 7 to 7.5 plugging my Zune from my computer and Yes pop ups a Upgrade to 7.5 ready be installed. Srint announced this update for MANGO 2yrs ago hahahaha and you had to force the update. Maybe this will help you remember 2yrs ago. Read this --> http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/09/sprint-htc-arrive-receiving-mango-today/

You told me "good luck" in monitoring my data with AT&T, and that I'll have to fight over charges.  I'm not certain, but I believe Nokia includes a tool to monitor my monthly data use.  I do know for certain that I've been fighting with Sprint for almost 2 years about their outrageous and bogus "Premium Data Fee", which was a new charge that didn't give me any more data, nor did it make my data "premium".  It only raised my monthly bill, and I got nothing from Sprint other than a larger bill each month.  Hmmmm...

HAHAH I have friends who are on AT$T and most of them are getting overhead charges and paying more on there bills. Also why monitor a data when i don't need to do that on Sprint due to Unlimitted Data. Also have a premium $10 bill is nothing. AT$T chargers more if you go over your Data. Yup good luck using AT$T.

I'll deal in facts.  You can deal in fantasy, conjecture, speculation, and rumors.

hahahah seems like I been right all along answering your questions. While you been wrong again... I think you are the one just cant take it that sprint will have windows phone 8 soon!

I thnk you better just dream and making these ridiculous questions who just can't face truth that Sprint is getting Windows phone 8.

You should update to 7.8 if you have an Arrive.

Yes i have arrive Mango 7,5 has no need to update if i will get a new windows phone 8 instead. Like i mention before above read this why it useless update to 7.8

Again read this ---> http://www.osnews.com/story/26750

I know where the door is, and I've got my eye on it.

Ok great have a great day leaving and don't forget to monitor your Data using AT$T while i enjoy unlimitted data.

Journeyman

@TallTom

Go to MyAccount and see how much data you use on a monthly basis.  Sprint goes back 12 months or more.  I switch after 14 years at Sprint on November 9th to get the Lumia 920 and have absolutely no regrets.  I consider myself an above average user and use quite a bit of data daily listening to Intune Radio, having my daughter watch Netflix/you tube, etc,.  I only used about 1.5 gigs of data.  My wife rarely went above one gig.  At ATT, I went with the share plan with 6 gigs to have the extra piece of mind and it turned out 6 gigs for 3 phones was way too much.  I cant speak for you and you will only know how much data you use, but the majority of users dont go over 2 gigs a month.  Although data is unlimited with Sprint, its data speeds where I live are "truly limitied" and I live is a Major metropolitan area in Southern California.  Sure, LTE is coming but for the past 4 months I have been having a great experience.  Costs wise, I required the 3000 shared minute plan due to using about 2500 - 3000 anytime minutes a month (I dont have a land line use cell for work/personal exclusively) and now I also have unlimited calls and messaging and the ability to toggle the hotspot feature for my Surface.  Not to mention I can cruise the internet on my Surface and talk at the same time.  I really enjoyed Sprint and had quite a few people I know come to Sprint from other carriers but their clear reluctancy to cater to my needs (support Windows Phone) was unacceptable and made the switch.  Sprint will release a Windows Phone and they chose Samsung and HTC because they said they have a long standing relation which is understandable but not carrying a Nokia phone was also unacceptable.  Samsung and HTC are clarly commited to Android with WP as their second option.  Nokia on the other hand is Windows Phone exclusive with 100% dedication and quick to update the software, commited to bringing exclusive apps, etc.  Either way, I would have left the moment they announce that Nokia was not coming in the summer.  Perhaps I go back to Sprint if they have the device/OS I want someday but for the meantime I am having a great experience.

Journeyman

hahaha we know your just trying make him happy of your nokia. You say the majority of users dont go over 2 gigs a month. Well your wrong on that. People use there phones in different ways. You can't predict how much people eat up their data per month. Sure I watch netflix, watch live tv streaming, do many texting, web internet use, listen to Strreaming Music etc... and data does get eat up quickly before end of the month. check out my data i used for 1 month use. Again no need to monitor data usage compare to AT&T crap. Also HTC and Samsung are great Windows phones 8 Nokia people are getting it because of the brand name. For me who cares has long as Windows Phone OS is all the same on everyphone is what counts more. But upgrading to 7.8 is just a total waste. The more features of windows phone 8 makes phone more advance. Soon or later 7.8 will just be outdated few months. Again using data can really eat up quick. But don't you just love seeing that word Unlimitted  No need to get extra data extra space which again more charges. lol... When windows phone 8 comes to sprint i will be happy still with unlimitted use.

sprintusage.JPG

Journeyman

You keep saying that updating to 7.8 only gives the phone new tiles, and "is just a total waste", you don't seem to realize that there are three updates between 7.5 and 7.8.  These updates include fixes to known bugs, one which was a perennial annoyance, the disappearing keyboard bug, security fixes and email fixes.  http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/update-history

How is getting a security update a waste?  Sprint is openly saying they don't care about their customers by denying these updates, and this behavior is frightening to anyone looking forward to WP 8.  Why would Sprint change their behavior?  I would like to know how much support Sprint will be giving to WP8. 

Journeyman

@ thenet95 - Still waiting for that announcement from Sprint?  Keep waiting...but hey!  You have unlimited data on an outdated phone while you wait.

I'm not sure whether English is your native language, but not only have you been wrong about everything you've said, you've also been wrong with lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.  Are you 10 years old?

7.8 will hold me over until I can switch to a Lumia 920, but not for the brand name.  I want the awesome low-light camera, the optical image stabilization, and most of all I want the Nokia suite of apps including Nokia Drive.  My wife just wants the blue colored case.

@Others - I'm planning on the AT&T Unlimited Family Share plan with 4GB of data.  It will be $150 per month.  My wife and I use less than 2GB each per month.  AT&T will cost me a little more than Sprint, but I'll feel like I'm dealing with a company that supports my chosen platform.  For the extra $6 a month I'll be much happier with 4G, better coverage, and best of all a new phone.

And if you have an HTC Arrive you should most definitely not listen to "thechild95".  You should go ahead and update to 7.8.  It breathes new life into your old hardware, plus you get to make fun of people who can't spell.

Journeyman

@talltomd guess who's talking who can't spell hahaha...You are a troll who been wrong all the time. Me outdated phone? it seems work fine with no problems. oh wow just because you upgraded your Arrive to 7.8 upgrade is just total waste of time. Why upgrade when sprint will be having full featured windows phone 8 this summer. I guess fact your a Old Fart Troll who also can't even understand and yes your english is terrible.

Don't matter if sprint did not announce it in MWC at least i know it will come this Summer which i can wait it to come. Your just a dumb old farthead troll who can't even wait. You say  I'm planning on the AT&T Unlimited Family Share plan with 4GB of data.  It will be $150 per month. hahahaha what a idiot that's too much. 4GB is easily gone quick and total waste of money paying $150 per month hahahah Yup i guess either your brain is getting old or your nose is growing hahahah. Yeah right people will want to have a expensive plan with 4GB. total waste of time and money.

If you have an HTC Arrive and if it works fine why bother to upgrade to 7.8 or maybe you can brick your phone and we all can say thanks to TallTomOLD Farthead telling me to upgrade 7.8.

Plus you have to make fun of this TallTom who just can't take it because he just a total troll who can't admit it. Just look at my privious Plan i posted TallTomOld Farthead. If you want to go Leave has we all care of what expensive plans you get in AT$T $150 for 4GB LOL just can't stop laughing at that AT$T plan lol... Yup a typical Troll. But go ahead go for AT$T expensive plans i love see you get billed very high bills.

If anyone wants to upgrade to 7.8 and go ahead and just hope your phone don't get BRICKED if you didn't get a successful installation. Plus we get to make fun and blame this Old farthead Troll who can't even understand and spell. We also can laugh at his expensive low data plan storage of AT$T $150 for 4GB plan. For me I am still LOL of this due to NO Unlimitted Data.

sprintusage.JPG

Journeyman

I also used the download to install 7.8 directly without trying to use Zune.  It took about an hour and worked fine.  Just make sure to choose the correct language pack for your phone.

Journeyman

I have had my HTC Arrive for a year now.  It has had problems since I got it.  It looses sound and the keyboard and I can go for days before I realize it isn't receiving calls.  Sprint's answer was to have them reload the phone.  Well that did nothing.  Then they said to return it to HTC. That did not fix it.  To make a long story short.  I put Windows 7.8 on it and all the problems are gone.  I have not had to reboot or pull the battery for more than a week now.  I guess sprint would rather we purchased new phones than actually make the one they sold me work properly.

7.8 is great on the Arrive.

Journeyman

By the way,  I had to use the hack and I selected all languages as previously instructed.  I did my wifes HTC Arrive also and it worked fine.

Funny thing, the sound seems louder and clearer than it did before.  Cell reception seems better also.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat