cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Windows Phone 7 are you carrying in 2011 and where are the details?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Which Windows Phone 7 are you carrying in 2011 and where are the details?

Hey i have researched WP7 quite a bit and want to buy one, and would have left sprint but at&t and tmobile are way too expensive. right now i have 1100 anytime mins, unlimited text, and net for my touch pro 2 phone with insurance for $62 a month. so i was wondering which wp7 you are bringing to sprint. and why cant you renew your old contract again to get 2 year discounts. a sprint sales man told me you HAVE to get a new contract which is $69 + 7 for insurance or pay the full price of the phone which will be $500 plus. why does sprint treat 10 year customers like this? and why is unlimited net for my touch pro 2 no longer enough for a wp7? seems pretty shady since i have renewed this contract several times to get new phone discounts. anyways back to my original point. its 2 days to 2011 and theres still only the line anyone gives. we will have phones early 2011. im tired of the touch pro 2 sense UI locking up my phone cuz it runs at least 2 sms programs on top of one another and i cant turn off 1 of them. thats why i like wp7 cuz they "said" they wouldnt allow custom UI. but i just read a few days ago, that htc is trying to get sense on thses phones now. is thats whats holding up allowing them to sell.. also i have such a dislike for Touch pro 2 that i want a phone entirely different from that. like a slate phone would be nice thats wp7. well i hope i get alot of posts and answers.

32 REPLIES 32
Journeyman

Re: Which Windows Phone 7 are you carrying in 2011 and where are the details?

Yes!  I am a Samsung(sucks)  Moment Android user that would love to see the Dell Venue Pro on Sprint. 

Journeyman

Really, I mean its 2011 know and still no word on what or when you will be carrying the WM7 phone?  If you are waiting on the CES conference then at least say so.  Can we get a Sprint will be debuting their new WM7 phones at the CES conference and are targeting to be available at some future date?  Is it really that big a deal to let your customers get a sniff of what you are planning to do?  LHunter, I am with you on the HTC devices, they suck.  I have been using a Touch for 4 torturous yrs. now waiting on the WM7 devices and am about to bust.  I really hope the only device you have available Sprint will not just be a lame HTC phone.  Sprint can you let your customers know something?

Journeyman

You mean a "lame HTC phone" like the EVO 4G?   What's wrong with an HTC phone?  They build what the carrier wants to sell, and their build quality largely dpends on that. With Win Phone 7, the user experience will be largely set by the OS.  Mostly, SPRINT needs a phone with a 4" or larger screen, as Netflix will stream movies on Win Phone 7s and still not on Android devices. I'm just waiting for a Win Phone 7 with a form factor and screen size like the EVO. It's a perfect media device except fo rmissing Netflix streaming.

Journeyman

thanks everyone it finally seems like some people feel the way i do. the sense is a joke and laggy. and i will leave sprint if they stick that crap on WP7... but it seems with news stories that HTC is trying to put it on WP7 and the delay and no sprint responce... doomed... my 2nd question is how is my unlimed data plan and 1100 mins a month not good enought and i have to pay 15 bucks more a month to upgrade? seems pretty low... i have been with sprint since i was 17. im 26 now..

Journeyman

Let's see, the EVO 4G is at the top or near it in about every "Best of 2010" list I've seen. Everyone from PC Mag and PCWorld to Consumer Reports and users (it's #1 of all phones by SPRINT customers).  It's not my "opinion" - I don't own an EVO and don't intend to - it's the experience of critics and users in the market place. It is your opinion that all HTCs are "lame" but the overwhelming assessment in the rest of the world is that some HTCs such as the EVO and T-Mobile myTouch 4G are anything but lame.  Every manufacturer has hits and misses -- a generic dismissal of any is unfounded.

Journeyman

Ok, first off no one was talking to you to begin with, but since you can't mind your own business here we go.  The HTC Touch got great reviews when it came out to:

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch3g/reviews.html

and if you think I care about what some idiot users have to say about a phone your crazy.  HTC phones have always been crap and always will.  Ask those same users about that phone after they have had the chance to really use it and see how it really performs you will get a different message.  All of these phones get all of these great reviews and acolades when they first come out.  HTC always tries to put that junk UI on their phones that only takes up memory and storage space that could be used by the users for quality apps.  You and all those other cronies who think the phone is so great, good for you and I don't care.  You can take the phone and shove it where the sun don't shine.  Heck the I-phone for the I-diots got great reviews from the same mags and users when it first came out, but the thing couldn't do anything, no multi-tasking, no copy paste, no apps for business use etc., but everyone claimed it was so great.  It just looked cool and did some cool things and once you got past that you realized all you have is a brick that could make phone calls.  The phone is junk will always be junk simply because it is an Apple and so will the EVO a phone that will go into obscurity five years from now and noone will even remember it.  Wow its got a huge screen man that must make it great.  Your a joke.

Journeyman

If your command of cell phone technology is anything close to your stunning command of the English language, that's all readers of this thread need to know. You neither read well nor listen well, either. Also, since you fully dismiss all reviews and all user comments as irrelevant to product value, I guess yours is the ONLY assessment that counts. Really.

Journeyman

Hey everyone i wasnt trying to start an argument, lets all be civilized please. i think we all agree that HTC HARDWARE is fine, and in my opinion is sturdy and drop resistant. i never had a problem with that. thats one thing i like about my TP2. But as i said the SENSE INTERFACE is where the problem lies. and the evo got good reviews i think since it had enough CPU power to pull it off.. meanwhile most other devices dont. But can anyone really answer my question about IF and when they are announceing WP7 on sprint and if sprint will let HTC put Sense on it. and why people are forced into new more expensive contracts if they current contract works for them? thanks

Journeyman

Yup, I'm with you, and I wasn't trying to start a war, just correct an unfounded statement that can affect choice of OS. There isn't any OS / manufacturer combination that is always the best or the worst. Each combination has its pros and cons. No one outside of SPRINT knows when the WP7 will appear, but the two most likely models (an HTC and a LG) have been widely speculated. They might be announced by SPRINT at the CES this week, so watch the news. Neither model interests me, but I hope that WP7 does take. I don't know why your plan price is going up unless you get a 4G phone. Even at that, it will be less than the competition. I've recently read conflicting articles about Sense on the WP7 -- I doubt we'll know until we see what each carrier decides to offer. HTC has Sense running over WP7 on a test bed, but that doesn't mean it will appear on any licensed WP7 model.

Journeyman

well i talked with some sprint employees and they said any new smart phone will require a "new" plan the cheepest being a $69 dollar for 450 mins. and unlimited data and text. +7 for insurance. over my $62 1100 min anytime, unlimited data and text and i have insurance for that price... if you read these forums theres alot of posts about sprint saying they wont activate their new smartphone without 1 of their 3 only new plans... and  regaurdless if sprint is cheeper than the comp. why should i have to change my plan to pay another $14 a month. when my plan IS and has been for a smart phone only. just makes me mad... i sent customer service my question about this and they havent emailed me back yet

Journeyman

I  JUST GOT EMAILED BACK FROM SPRINT WITH COOKIE CUTTER RESPONCE THAT SAYS THE WAIT FOR WP7 IS OVER LOL..OH AND I HAVE TO SPEND $14 MORE A MONTH FOR LESS THAN HALF THE MINUTES I HAVE NOW... SOO WHOS MAKING THE SWITCH WITH ME LOL

EMAIL AS FOLLOWS

WELL ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PASTE HERE... THEY SAID I CAN UPGRADE WITH A NEW PLAN AND HANDSET THAT THEY DONT CARRY RIGHT NOW... SPRINT IS THE WORST EVER... IT WOULD TAKE 5 MINS TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY WITH THEM IF THEY WERENT SO WORRIED ABOUT NASCAR... QUIT SPONSERING IT... EVERYONE KNOWS SPRINT EXSITS.. I DONT TO BE REMINDED OF IT EVERY HALFTIME SHOW ON FOX AND NASCAR... THATS WHERE YOUR LOOSING MONEY. AND BY TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS NO MATTER HOW LONG LIKE NEW ONES... CRAPPY

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat