cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the high cost for HTC Arrive?

Journeyman

I am confused -- for a 2-yr contract renewal, this is one of the most expensive phones available at $200.  While I like the phone it seems that Sprint doesn't want to keep customers: the closest competitor, the HTC Radar offered by T-Mobile is only $50, and is arguably a better phone.  Arrive is 3G...Radar is 4G. There are other reasons, including weight, size etc.  And, the Windows phone is clearly a runner up on the 3-way OS race. So, why make it so expensive?  Heck, they're not even selling them at the major big-box retailer with a yellow logo.  I'm confused, and would like to stay a Sprint customer. butttt....

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Why the high cost for HTC Arrive?

While I agree that the Arrive should be offered at a lower price, at Sprint, the full QWERTY keyboard is a feature in high demand since the majority of our newest phones do not have this feature.  This is my thinking as to why this phone has not come down in price.  Also, from T-Mobile's website, the HTC Radar is NOT $50 but rather $100 after a $50 mail in rebate.  So actually it's $150 upfont and only a difference of $100 after you wait for your mail in rebate. 

Tom

T-Mobile's Radar

Suggested retail$399.99
Instant discount-$250.00
Mail-in rebate card-$50.00
$99.99

Message was edited by: tomdeaver

Journeyman

it should come down to free... its junk.. no one wants a slider anymore. and its over  a year old.. sprint needs NEW  WINDOW PHONE 7 PHONES FOR PEOPLE TO BUY... BUT THEY PUT ALL THEIR MONEY IN BED WITH APPLE SO TMOBILE HERE I COME AS SOON AS THEY GET SOMETHING NICER THAN THE RADAR.. HOPEFULLY BY XMAS

Journeyman

Add dont forget we pay for premium data but cant use the piece of junk as a modem like the EVO which cost the same per month.  TOTAL RIP OFF IM SO READY TO DROP SPRINT.

Master

Re: Why the high cost for HTC Arrive?

The EVO has a "hotspot" feature that is not included in the Arrive but the Sprint Mobile Hotspot feature is actually $29.99 per month with a 5GB cap.  And we did not manufacter the "HTC" Arrive. 

Journeyman

The "hotspot" feature IS included in the Arrive. We only need Sprint to release the updates.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.