cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the HTC arrive get the new Release of Windows Phone,codenamed Mango?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows in the Fall is releasing something called Mango for windows phones and wondering if the sprints HTC arrive will get the new update or will it be a different phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Will the HTC arrive get the new Release of Windows Phone,codenamed Mango?

Check back here this afternoon for more information...

Update: Since the psychic has already outted this info, I've posted the info on the update.  It will be available at approximately 1pm cst.  See this post.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it will receive the Mango update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Heard any word on when this fall?

Highlighted
Master

At this time, Sprint has no official information regarding the new Windows Mobile OS called Mango or whether our current Windows Mobile device will receive an upgrade.  Any updates to this information will be posted at Sprint.com as it becomes available.

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

To clarify my original post, Microsoft has stated that all 1st gen Windows Phone devices (Focus, HD7, Surround, HD7s, Trophy, Arrive) will get the update to Mango. The expected launch date for Mango is in September, however I look for the carriers to have it out by October/November, as that was when the first devices arrived on the Market. So look for it on your Arrives sometime around November...hopefully sooner though.

I'm praying that Sprint will release a 4G Windows Phone this fall. I would really like to see an HD7s 4G on Sprint, otherwise, I may have to find a way to have the Arrive's firmware and put it on my EVO (chipsets are the same).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just updated to latest RTM version 7720 by following instructions below.  Many enhancements, love the speech to text features, plus local scout.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=16594850#post16594850

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it will but now Microsoft is preparing for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 so they can integrate with each other. Rumor has it that Windows Phone 8 might be a port of of Windows 8. Very interesting what Microsoft is doing with their OS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been running the RTM version of Mango for a while now on the Arrive. Microsoft sent the RTM out to the carriers and OEMs on July 26th and now it's up to them to get it out to us.

There are rumors that carriers may start sending it out this week but, I wouldn't hold my breath since they haven't released any official news.

I've not seen any problems with the phone and actually have noticed improved performance / battery life over the NoDo reelase. For the sake of those who are still using NoDo, I hope Sprint doesn't sit on this for too long. I was happy with my phone before Mango but now it's just amazing.

BTW, there are already devices shipping with Mango in other markets so it's absolutely "out". The first was the Fujitsu IS12T released in Japan.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm really disappointed in AT&T being the first to release a "4G" Windows Phone device. I was really hoping Sprint would beat them to the punch. Of course, maybe my standards are too high these days...lol. Sprint really doesn't seem to care about Windows Phone at all and seem to be betting on the iPhone and Android.

This makes me sad because Windows Phone is a REALLY nice OS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phefner - there lack of interest is more than likely what will make me drop Sprint sometime in the near future. I've been with Sprint/Nextel for around 15 years I'd guess but there lack of interest in the Windows phone is a deal breaker for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would have to agree with Cipher. I have 4 members of my family on sprint. but we are haveing to re-evaluate our plans, I live in KC and really want to support a local company. but I also do a tone of work with Microsoft. and Sprint is making it hard for me to even do what I need to do. It is sad because the windows OS does rock.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I concur with everyone here. I am running the 7720 and love what windows has done with this OS!! I had almost every windows mobile device from the apache to the touch pro2 and loved them but not as much as the arrive. I never has to hard reset or reboot for any reason and now have delved into the development portion of wp7. If you want to be on top before windows 8 next yr better start learning and they microsoft couldn't make it any easier with their dev tools. To the fellow about the 4g, who cares. 3g is perfect for wp7 right now. I have caught a look at the htc titan and sprint would be ignorant to pass that up or not have another device with wp7.5 come out this yr. I will say the onscreen keyboard is so nice and the improvements from 7720 made it nicer and never use the hard keyboard. Ok, maybe like 4 times. Either way, Dan Hesse and Sprint need to get on it with the wp7.5 before it gets left behind again. I owned the samsung epic prior to the arrive. WHAT A PIECE OF S@*T that was!! Hated it for functionality and android is just a nightmare solely for being so open source. I had to replace the epic in the first 45 days when it powered off and turned itselft into a 250$ paperwieght. Windows Phone 7 is the most stable OS I have used in a long time and the battery life is incredible. Oh I should mention that the integration of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other accts had rendered those apps useless for me. Beautiful job on this device!! Don't screw this up Sprint! I to have been a customer for 6-7 yrs now from the Blackberry 7520 to the Htc Arrive and have enjoyed everyone of them while my whole family and I mean my whole family uses Verizon and have been trying to convince them for yrs and they won't budge. Give me a another reason to push, COME ON Dan!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat