cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading pictures in txt

Highlighted
Patron

Hello love my WP7.5 phone but ever  since the mango update I can not download pictures sent to me via texts....I have to turn the phone on and off to be able to download and at times it does not work...need another reboot. Is this a common occurrence with the mango update on the Arrive, if so is it being address...before I could care less but now that I have better access to Skydrive i need pictures that are text to me by my employees to be able to work with Office mobile and SKydrive.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

My wife has the Arrive, and has not had this issue so far. Are you, by chance, integrated with Google Voice on your Arrive? If so, GV has only begun to support MMS (which is the protocol used to send picture messages), so if your employees are sending the pics to your google voice number, they will not show up on your phone.

If this is not the issue, then I would suggest a factory reset of your phone. Sometimes upgrading the OS will cause hiccups on the device. Resetting it factory, and starting over, will usually pave over the bumps. I know this isn't much of a "fix" but it could work for you.

Journeyman

I was having the same problem and someone on another forum gave me a fix.  Go to Settings, then Cellular.   Click on Change Network Profile.  I did that and now don't have any problem with text pics.

Journeyman

Thanks for posting this, we'd been having problems since the mango update as well.  The 'Change network profile' fix worked for us.

Journeyman

Well a day after doing it, the issue has appeared again.  This time I did both the 'change network profile' and 'update prl'.

We'll see if it sticks this time.  Otherwise I'm going to have to go bug someone at a Sprint store, not too thrilled with that prospect as I doubt they'll know what to do either.

Journeyman

Beradon,

Did you ever get the pictures through texting working? Have the same problem ever since the Mango 7.5 update. Was excited about getting the update, now I'm not so sure about it. I tried the "Change network Profile" trick, but it only lasted for a short time. Would appreciate anything you found out about this problem.

Journeyman

Same thing for me.  It comes and goes randomly.  When I'm having trouble with it I turn the phone off and on and then it works.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat