cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Not Working Unless I Reboot

Journeyman

Data Not Working Unless I Reboot

I have been having issues over the last month or so where my HTC One M7 shows that I have data but cell service is shown as a single bar. During this anything using data does not work including MMS and text messages. Disabling cellular data and re-enabling does not work. I have to power down the phone to get data to work and amazing enough it then shows as 4 bars. This is almost a daily occurrence. I have seen on other forums that Sprint was able to do something in their system to correct this. Is this the case?

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: Data Not Working Unless I Reboot

Might be better off posting this to the actual One M7 forum to get responses from actual users with that phone.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

thanks I have posted there as well. the other posts made it seem as an internal system problem and not a device problem. hopefully they can answer one way or another.

Master

Also, for the heck of it, make sure Connection Optimizer is off when that happens. Before restarting. Wondering if that could be the culprit.

Also wouldn't hurt to do a force close, clear cache and data to Connection Optimizer, then make sure it's off again.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

ah totally forgot about that app. i have done that and disabled the app. we shall see how that goes. I don't think I have ever used it until the last update was pushed. I did not accept it but didn't disallow it either.

Master

Ok, keep me informed. In the meantime, I'm hunting for solutions and causes.

--

Master

DigitalSlave,

Are you having the issue in particular location? Also do an update profile. Let me know if that helps. If not please send us a private message by following link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X, I can take a closer look at this for you.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

the One M7 forum has responded and stated it sounded like a bad tower. this very well may be the case as all towers in my area have been upgraded and the one closest to me hasnt for some reason and had major problems since the upgrade started in our area. if this is the same issue I will not be pleased. Sprint will be losing a household of cellular users if that is the case (wife and 2 children). February can't come soon enough.

Master

DigitalSlave,

I can take a look at the towers in your area. What is your zip code and major cross streets?

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

61201 32nd ST 38th Ave.

Master

DigitalSlave,

I checked the closet towers, I did not see any outages or recent upgrades that have been done to the towers. Try this on the device ##72786# the device will power off and then reconnect to the network by doing an update profile. I did also notify our network team about the issue, for further investigation. Also do you have issues in other locations?

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Right now I have 1 bar and 4G. 61299 Rodman and Gillespie. But that may still be the same towers. I have run into the same issue at both locations. I could not download a group message (mms) this morning until I rebooted. I will try the profile option you suggest.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat