cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D Baby YEA!!! Nexus S & HTC Evo Tablet

Journeyman

Hi Dana I took a couple days off, but I found this today. Very in depth video of the EVO 3D, and at this point it looks very good. Hopefully but release they do something to fix that 2d 3d switch on the side. I know Im probably nit picking, but this device look awesome. Im almost speechless. Like I said almost. LOL. This links to a EVO View video in the captions, and I think it may be as in depth also. Im going watch the View now.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-ynmqtopi9g    

Wizard

Thanks Joe...I will have to check this out when I get home tonight! You rock!

Journeyman

Thanks Joe, I'm checking this out now! I'm so conflicted between the Nexus S and the EVO 3D.  I've been scowering the web looking at videos of both so I can make a decision, cause I have a feeling the Nexus will be available before the 3D.  I love the hardware and pure Google of the Nexus, however, some of the specs seem out of date compared to the newer phones coming this summer.  Also, I wish Sprint would have been able to get some features added to the phone like LED indicator, camera zoom and a microsD card slot - especially since the space may have been freed up from no SIM card needed.  Whereas the 3D seems a bit large for my taste and I don't know if I want a Sense UI skin this time - especially on Android OS.  It was cool on the Windows mobile devices, but I like Android the way it is.  We'll see! Choices choices!

Journeyman

Hey I know I have been quiet, but I have some news to put out here. First Sprint has put wp a space holder which is speculated to be the pre order site for the EVO 3D. If so that would be Majik. Others think that it might be the actuall launch date; which I highly doubt, but could be. http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/6332-sprint-htc-evo-3d-release-pre-order  . Also there is a rumor going around that the current EVO 4g is getting a make over with gingerbread and the new sense. Not sure I will upgrade mine, but if interested here is the link where I got the info. http://www.talkandroid.com/33921-android-2-3-aka-gingerbread-heading-to-the-evo-4g-and-other-htc-dev...

http://www.talkandroid.com/33921-android-2-3-aka-gingerbread-heading-to-the-evo-4g-and-other-htc-dev...

Wizard

Re: EVO 3D Baby YEA!!! Nexus S & HTC Evo Tablet

Awesome information Joe...thanks again!

GrandMaster

the LED and not having zoom is what pushed me away from the nexus. who wants to hear a phone keep beeping that you have a message? as for not having zoom...really? 3D camera and it doesnt even have zoom? awesome.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus S 4g  is available for preorder online at bestbuy....    but not sprint website...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+Nexus+S+4G+Mobile+Phone+from+Google+-+Black+(Sprint)/2300417.p...

Journeyman

Hey Dana I know its been a while since I posted anything about the Evo 3D, but things have been really quiet about the 3D. Very strange. I wish I could have found out the release date by now. At one point I was thinking about getting the Best Buy version of the Evo View, but once I heard Best Buy charging an extra 80 for the pen, and the device was expected to have a 4 hour battery I was turned off to it. I decided to get a Eee Pad Transformer for my tablet, and I am patiently waiting for me Evo 3D. I think it is crazy they have not said anything about the 3D yet. The HTC Sensation has already passed through fcc testing and slated for a June release on Tmobile and the 3D is still very hush. I'm not used to this much quiet at all. I was even hoping that like last year they might pass a few of them out at Google I/o, but nope it was all about tablets this year. Guess Ill go keep playing the waiting game.

Journeyman

You aren'rt going to want to purchase the Evo3d.  Yeah its nice with all the spec's available, but who really wants to purchase a phone that is locked down tighter than gold peice at fort knox?  You can't do crap with the phone as far as removing bloatware, customizing the way you really want due to the Bootloader being signed and encrypted.  The phone you want would be the Nexus 4G, pure google experience with no carrier or HTC bullcrap when it comes to locking down a phone you paid good money for.  Do some research on the Evo3d and locked bootloader and you will find out what I am talking about. 

Journeyman

Re: EVO 3D Baby YEA!!! Nexus S & HTC Evo Tablet

And just as fast as you posted this needless post bashing the EVO 3D and its encrypted bootloader HTC just announced that they are removing their encrypted bootloader policy. Now you go research www.facebook.com/htc guess u can still complain about the missing kick stand troll.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.