Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC HD2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC HD2

ajones1989 wrote:

That phone looks so....massive lol. I watched a video of it the other day before these threads were made and it's pretty darn snappy. It's a lil big for me though.

yup, i think some people will think it's too big.  but it really isn't that big.  the screen space is maximized due to there being little bezel around it.

here, just a little comparison real quick...

Apple iPhone dimensions:

Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm)

Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm)

Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm)

HTC HD2 dimensions:
Height: 4.74 inches (120.5 mm)
Width: 2.64 inches (67 mm)
Depth: 0.43 inches (11 mm)

just .24 inches taller and .24 inches wider.  but you're gaining a 4.3" screen over just a 3.5" inch one.

and thanks for the video, smotrs.
Highlighted
Master

ajones1989 wrote:

That phone looks so....massive lol. I watched a video of it the other day before these threads were made and it's pretty darn snappy. It's a lil big for me though.

Yeah it's big, but most reports comment that due to how thin it is, that you don't notice the extra bulk over comaprably sized phones. So I imagine the user get's used to it rather quickly.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Bump - trying to bring more attention to the thread.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

smotrs wrote:

Bump - trying to bring more attention to the thread.

lol nice job!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

Unfortunately the article says it will be coming to the US on GSM in Q1 2010 - who knows when or if someone like Sprint would order a CDMA version.   One more reason I wish Sprint didn't have a locked network - then the people who actually want good phones would let the manufacturers know so we could get them sooner.   Who even knows if someone at Sprint who is ordering phones even knows if this phone exists (or how they got their job in the first place).

Highlighted
Journeyman

boe wrote:

Unfortunately the article says it will be coming to the US on GSM in Q1 2010 - who knows when or if someone like Sprint would order a CDMA version.   One more reason I wish Sprint didn't have a locked network - then the people who actually want good phones would let the manufacturers know so we could get them sooner.   Who even knows if someone at Sprint who is ordering phones even knows if this phone exists (or how they got their job in the first place).

which article are you referring to?

and if true, that could still mean T-Mobile or AT&T, since they have different 3G bands.

will prob be end of November before there's confirmation of carrier in the US.

i think if GSM it will be T-Mobile.  if CDMA, could be Sprint or Verizon honestly.

Message was edited by: mrvirginia

Highlighted
Journeyman

"HTC CEO Peter Chou has confirmed that HTC will be offering a US 3G version of the HD2 in Q1 2010"   - while some would consider CDMA 3G most would say it is GSM.  Otherwise everyone would sue ATT for lying about their 3G network being the fastest, most reliable and best coverage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

boe wrote:

"HTC CEO Peter Chou has confirmed that HTC will be offering a US 3G version of the HD2 in Q1 2010"   - while some would consider CDMA 3G most would say it is GSM.  Otherwise everyone would sue ATT for lying about their 3G network being the fastest, most reliable and best coverage.

what you said after the quote is contradicting.  if AT&T would get sued for lying about their 3G network because it isn't the fastest would suggest that by saying "US 3G" version would be CDMA.  see what i'm saying?

regardless, i'll take that with a grain of salt, as it wasn't specifically said whether it would be GSM or CDMA.  you can't read between the lines like that.  i've also read that HTC CEO Peter Chou is known to say things that later had to be corrected.  HTC America hasn't confirmed yet whether the HD2 is even coming to the US.  so all the articles about "HTC HD2 coming to US in Q1 2010" are based off of just what Peter Chou said.  nothing more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"The multi-touch Windows Mobile smartphone in its existing form is a GSM and HSPA device that would only need a switch in 3G support to work with AT&T or T-Mobile in the US. Many of HTC's phones are often converted for CDMA and EVDO, however, and could reach the US through Sprint or Verizon if a switch takes place."

source:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/10/06/htc.confirms.hd2.for.us.in.early.2010/

could be anyone, but i still highly doubt AT&T.

also, it's worth noting that it could be sold unlocked through a retailer like bestbuy, since HTC sometimes goes that route.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No - sorry I don't see what you are saying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would be happier if Sprint included a HD2 like phone using the Android OS in 2009. The Hero just does not have enough CPU, memory and features of the HD2 to make me what to buy the Hero.

Message was edited by: whatwires

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat