Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC HD2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC HD2

tlevelle wrote:

Nice work, mrvirginia.

Yep.  Assuming these images are authentic, my days with Sprint are now concretely numbered.  It's been a good run!

thanks.

but i've heard that T-Mobile's network is bad in comparison to all the other major carriers here in the US.  this is exactly why i didn't expect it to hit them in the US and why i still think a CDMA version will be coming.  i mean, who would want such a powerful phone with spotty coverage?

i don't think i could go to T-Mo just for that phone. anyone have any comments on this?

actually i take that back.  their coverage here in charlotte has greatly improved apparently.

Message was edited by: mrvirginia

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whoever gets this phone is the network that will EARN my business. I hope sprint is listening. And to those that say this phone will finally "shut up iPhone users" or that this phone is a true "iPhone competitor", I'd say the touch pro 2 blows it out of the water. Heck, I'll even take the original touch pro over the iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

oi!!! it may be coming after all, just named something completely different.  man, i have wayyy too much time on my hands at work.  after doing a little poking around google, i stumbled upon this...

Sprint Adonis???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Customer Service also told me (by email AND via customer service) the Touch HD was coming to their network around this same time last year.  I think it may be a retention tactic, since we all know that never happened.

No worries....I go where HD2 goes, 3G, 4G, whatever!

Journeyman

tlevelle wrote:

Sprint Customer Service also told me (by email AND via customer service) the Touch HD was coming to their network around this same time last year.  I think it may be a retention tactic, since we all know that never happened.

No worries....I go where HD2 goes, 3G, 4G, whatever!

i agree, and you're prob right.  guess time will tell

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would'nt rule out the fact HTC frequently makes GSM and CDMA versions of each of there phones.  It may still come to Sprint, we will just have to wait and see.

That would really suck if it is a T-Mobile exlusive but does T-mobile even do exlusives, never heard of any in the past?  I am currently 1 year into my 2 year contract and if this is indeed a T-Mobile only and if the rumors are true about there a $50 unlimited everything plan (comign soon?) I will most definilty be jumping ship.

Highlighted
Master

Sprint really needs to start communicating with it's customers in order to save them. Because ALLOT will jump ship as soon as it's avaialble.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

I actually have a hard time believing the forum thread you reference, mainly becuase of the way the email from HTC was written within this thread.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/122203#122203

The way it's written says that HTC would love to work with Sprint in developing a supporting phone. But that there is no supporting information that they are. Nor was there any information that Sprint has approached them.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

smotrs wrote:

I actually have a hard time believing the forum thread you reference, mainly becuase of the way the email from HTC was written within this thread.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/122203#122203

The way it's written says that HTC would love to work with Sprint in developing a supporting phone. But that there is no supporting information that they are. Nor was there any information that Sprint has approached them.

the forum was just something i found.  i never said it was in fact coming to Sprint, but those folks over there claimed that it was.  i honestly believe that only a GSM version is coming, both one for T-Mobile, and an unlocked GSM version that will support AT&T 3G bands and possibly be sold somewhere like bestbuy (pure speculation).  i hope a CDMA version is coming, but from that email, it's not looking so good.  still doesn't rule it out though.  in Nov/Dec i think it will be much clearer as to who else will be picking it up.  i just don't see T-Mo being the only carrier with this phone in the US due to their user install base being so small compared to the top 3.

just my thoughts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Being that Sprint wont be getting the HTC HD2, maybe HTC Dragon is the Android version and maybe that is destined for Sprint, as the HD2 is most likely than not going to T-Mobile USA when it gets here. If the Dragon can keep (or maybe even enhance) the specs of the HD2 (CAMERA WITH DUAL FLASH, VERRRRRRRY NECESSARY), then as an HTC HD2 Android phone, they would not be able to keep them in stock. Google will be upgrading to Android 2.0 in Q1(?), so this may be a coup that Sprint has up its sleeves.  I already have admonished them for not having the HD2, maybe this is the reason they are not looking worried right now.  If they are doing the HTC Dragon Android, they may can hold me but if they dont have a 4.3 inch screened phone on the horizon, then I will gladly pay the termination fees for the 2 phones on my account and head on over to T-Mobile for the HTC HD2 (although I so HATE Windows Mobile!!)!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes, i'm interested to see what this HTC Dragon is exactly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HERE IS THE MESSAGE I RECEIVED FROM HTC AMERICA REGARDING SPRINT NOT GETTING THE HD2

New Response From [ Steven (North America Support (Tech)) ]
Hello Crush,

I can understand how important it is to know if the Touch HD2 will be released on the Sprint network. I will be more than happy to assist you with the information that you are requesting. Currently, I have no information indicating that Sprint is requesting HTC to make a version of the Touch HD2 for their network. If Sprint makes a request for HTC to make a version of the Touch HD2 for their network, we will begin developing this device for them. HTC would love to see Sprint provide the Touch HD2 for their customers. Keep an eye on our official HTC website for any new releases at http://www.htc.com.

Thank you so much for contacting HTC and we greatly appreciate your enthusiasm about our products. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. You can find additional support at our user forum www.htcwiki.com. There is also a customer satisfaction survey for you to take if you are interested.

Steve
HTC Tech Support
http://www.htc.com
Customer Information
Name
Telephone
Email Address
CountryUnited States
Inquiry Information
Inquiry TypeTechnical Support
Inquiry DescriptionIs the HTC HD2 being ported to Sprint USA Q1 2010?
Issue Date & Time
2009/10/10 11:15

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat