Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC HD2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC HD2

yeah we know, the link above goes to that, thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My badd, mrVA. I didnt really click the link from smotr's post to know it was mine.  I think we all are just kind of weary with Sprint for not bringing the quality phones to the door first for all the customer loyalty that they get. I had decided to jump ship last month when I saw that I could get $200 off my purchase price for Touch Pro 2 on T-Mobile ($149) and that is after the company subsidy. (My company has a premium rate discount with all the major cell providers but I still would have to pay the $349 ($449) if I got the phone through Sprint. ) That is just bogus. Sprint's plans may be good (although I hear that T-Mobile is about to do an Everything Plan for a little less) but Sprint are not smart business wise on the front-end. Give me the phone "I" want is a priority or iPhone wouldn't be the brass-ring right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

crush (or anyone else),

Have you looked into the speed and coverage T-mobile has for web & internet?  I'm jumping ship to the HD2 carrier that emerges in 2010.  But, I hate to do so if I won't get the benefits of the Cadillac phone because I'm on the Smart Car network.

Thanks for any info.

T

Highlighted
Journeyman

tlevelle wrote:

crush (or anyone else),

Have you looked into the speed and coverage T-mobile has for web & internet?  I'm jumping ship to the HD2 carrier that emerges in 2010.  But, I hate to do so if I won't get the benefits of the Cadillac phone because I'm on the Smart Car network.

Thanks for any info.

T

just go to the t-mo website.

http://www.t-mobile.com/

you can check coverage there by entering in your address.  show's Edge and 3G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@tlevelle

I think we will get some type of news from Sprint before the HD2 drops here but I am right there with you if they cant offer something comparable or better (can you say HD2 Android). For now, I guess it's just the wait game (counting down to termination.....10000....9999.....9998.....etc

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haha.  Thx.  Of course, I've done that already.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Dragon, wow this is acutally what I am hoping for.  I got the TP and I definitly have a love hate relationship with WM, most which HTC has reskined with the new version of Touch flo but to be honest, Android on this same hardware sounds absolutely amazing.

Problem is as of yet there is only a leaked ROM, nothing in regards for hardware.  You know what that means, 3-6 months before we get teaser photos, then anther 6+ months after it release to finally get it stateside, can I wait... not sure.

P.S. HTC has done an amazing job on the reskining of WM but you still have to look at its awfulness once in the while (think Toby fro The Office).  One of the videos shows the media player and even on that huge screen it looked like a hassle to change the music, not to mention still being stuck with the defualt email and sms view (HTC has not been able to reskin this other than a view to my knowledge).  Then you hear rumors of the Zune software moving to WM, can you imagine how well this thing would sell... looks like that won't come untl WM 7 though, again more waiting...

Message was edited by: gianthobbit

Highlighted
Master

mrvirginia wrote:

smotrs wrote:

I actually have a hard time believing the forum thread you reference, mainly becuase of the way the email from HTC was written within this thread.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/122203#122203

The way it's written says that HTC would love to work with Sprint in developing a supporting phone. But that there is no supporting information that they are. Nor was there any information that Sprint has approached them.

the forum was just something i found.  i never said it was in fact coming to Sprint, but those folks over there claimed that it was.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply, I know it was a site you just came across. I was just saying I have a hard time believeing the Sprint response after reading the HTC response. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

crush01 and smotrs

it's cool guys, i got you.  i don't want to throw any false information out there or mislead anyone.  i'm just keeping an eye open for new info

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint andois

Highlighted
Master

Same here, anything and everything.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Huh?

--

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat