Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC HD2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC HD2

wicked find, bro!

Highlighted
Journeyman

mrvirginia wrote:

wicked find, bro!

Thanks, Just trying to contribute to the cause.

Highlighted
Journeyman

On a side note (this is a little off topic but still semi-relevant)

I believe If this country wasn't so "Everything Has To Have A Price" conscious, we would probably be in the Jetson age by now (or at least the Star Trek - 1960's version - age).  Technological advances should not be based on what the end user will pay for but rather "how far can we take this right now". If you really look at the rate of change in tech systems, it shows the knowledge base is usually there, they just wait until it is economically sound to release something. Hell, you have rich idiots paying insane amounts of money for jackazz branded 'junk' (like the Gorgio Armani Samsung phone, which is nothing more than a glorified Omnia ['Instinct Heavyweight' as I call it]. Now I am all for "get the money" but not as a detriment to advancement and innovation. Look if you have countries overseas who are giving high end phones to customers for free just for them to sign a 2 year deal, that is the E  ticket factor right there. Never here though.

Sorry for that minor rant....Felt like I had to get that off my chest.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nice rant crush01!  I have a little one myself in particular towards Sprint.  I've been a loyal customer since 98/99 and I'm tired of paying a huge phone bill every month for phones that are nice or ok but are not the real cool phones that you see Verizon and AT&T have.  Their coverage I'm sorry to say isn't all that either and I live in Los Angeles, not some back woods town.  I'm always roaming on the Verizon network when I'm in buildings or other areas of low coverage.  And this is the thanks I get for having a $170 simply everything data plan that I pay each month with 4 other lines of service, the last 3 being $20/month extra.  Can I get a freakin' awesome phone for once with all of the money I've shelled out to this company over the years?  I am one of those cell phone enthusiasts, so for the past few years I've bought the newest phone (which was the most expensive) and shelled out $500+ for the phone and accessories.

Sprint will lose a very important customer base here if they don't start listening to their loyal customers and get these nice high end phones.  If the company is worried about price and if people would buy the HD2 or another high end phone like that, they should look at their track record.  People bought the Diamond and the TP and now the TP2.  They can roll out the HD2 like they did the TP2 - relying heavily on online sales and not overstocking the stores like they did with the Palm Pre.  Look how those (Pre) are flying off the shelves now (being sarcastic)!  Now Sprint is putting out the Palm Pixie, which is the same as the Palm Pre except for different hardware - but with this phone you get a smaller screen, yipee!  I wish they would quit putting out these cheap gimmicky phones (instinct for example) thinking they will get this huge customer base when they don't, and start putting out higher quality phones that people want and will pay for.

Maybe Sprint wouldn't have to worry about all of these people threatening to jump ship... I know I'll cancel my expensive phone plan and 5 lines and take them elsewhere if loyal customers like me continue to get screwed over in regards to the types of phones we would want.  What's the use of having an "awesome phone plan" if you don't like the phone and phone choices that are available to you?  People aren't very loyal to car brands, if they see a Ford that they like over a GM vehicle, they're going to get the Ford and not stick with GM even if they've had a GM vehicle for years.  Same thing with cell phone carriers...Sprint wake up!

Sorry for the long rant...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else going to be sending letter?

Highlighted
Master

Here's another video, demonstrates how fast the screen rotation is on the HD2.

source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJpA-Xtgks

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Another nice hands on video of the HD2.

source: http://vimeo.com/6971510

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

And here's a little teaser for you guys. The HD2 PRO.

http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/news/0000008478/NewsImage/hd2pro2.jpg

source: http://pocketnow.com/rumor/guess-what-comes-after-the-htc-hd2-the-hd2-pro

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

I knew it would be a matter of time before someone put a keyboard on the HD2 as a concept!  Ha ha... I currently have a TP and I really like the full QWERTY keyboard, however, if Sprint were to get the HD2 I wouldn't mind going without a slide out keyboard on this one.  I really like the thin-ness of the HD2 so it would be a nice change without the bulky keyboard.  I can always get the version with the slide out keyboard later if the onscreen keyboard becomes a problem.  When it comes to phones, I spend spend spend!

Hopefully Sprint is reading these posts.  They can see who their real customer base is instead of this make believe world where everyone buys Instincts and Palm Pre's!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ditto.  No keyboard, Sprint.  Keep it thin.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While it may not go to him direclty, Dan Hesse did say he wanted to hear from his customers at Sprint.   I'm going to send him some polite feedback on the HD2, hopefully others will to as obviously the product group is filtering themselves from our feedback.

Dan@sprint.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

SPRINT PLEASE GET THE HTC HD2!!!!!!

I'll be jumping ship is T-Mobile is the sole carrier of the HTC HD2 although it will be a hard, So if you don't want to loose a ton of loyal customs, Please get this phone! I'm sure others are on board with me.

Thank you,

Your Best Customer!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat