Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC, HERO VS TOUCH PRO 2

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC, HERO VS TOUCH PRO 2

Since I am waiting for the TP2 to become available at Best Buy (Which will be around the release date of the HERO) I was wondering which phone is better.

Other than Outlook E-mail which the HERO has I think they both offer the same functionality with the exception of the Querty keyboard on the TP2 but I have to admit I don't know very much about the Android phones. Help me decide.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC, HERO VS TOUCH PRO 2

I seriously doubt that Microsoft Office for Mobile (see http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/software-office-mobile.mspx) will be available for any Android phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint claims that the Hero will support Microsoft Direct push for Access to Outlook E-mail and you will be able to view Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Perhaps, I should have been more specific... I don't believe HTC Hero will have the necessary software to create/edit Microsoft Office documents.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can agree with that but in 3 years I don't think I have ever created a document on my HTC Touch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Then, perhaps, you don't need a Windows Mobile phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I am going to pick up the HERO on the 11th and if dor some reason I don't like it I have 30 days to swap it out anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do you know when the touch pro 2 will be availible in bestbuy????

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have heard late October from a Best Buy rep. I am going with the HERO next week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well i wasnt able to wait for sprint to drop their prices or best buy so i switched to tmobile today and i got 2 touch pro 2 for free with a specail promotion thats going on though tele sales only. so if you are interested just email me and im not lying 2 touch pro 2 for free with a family plan its only availible for new contracts only and they though in a free bluetooth handset. this promo wont be availible all week

Aliriano1@yahoo.com

Highlighted
Master

Yep, this promo here.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat